April 30, 2023
¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
These little lions are ROCKING IT with their King Crowns! We’ve earned ANOTHER spirit day for Monday and the students voted on… PAJAMA DAY! Great job, Lions!
Dates to Know
Please note MCAS dates have been updated due to scheduling conflicts; our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
- May 2: Arts Extravaganza
- May 3: Gr. 5 Math MCAS
- May 4: Early Release: Parent Conferences
- May 5: Gr. 4 Math MCAS
- May 9: Gr. 4 Math MCAS
- May 10: Gr. 3 Math MCAS
- May 11: Early Release: Parent Conferences
- May 12: Gr. 3 Math MCAS
- May 16: Gr. 5 Science MCAS
- May 17: Gr. 5 Science MCAS
- May 18: Early Release
- May 25: Early Release: Parent Conferences\
- May 29: Memorial Day: No School
Spring Conferences Happening Now!
The Arts Extravaganza is almost upon us! Our Arts Extravaganza is Tuesday, May 2nd and will be held throughout the school day. This year, we are merging the Spring Concert and Art Show into one day of Arts fun!
- 9:15-10:00: Fourth Grade Performance & Art Show (pending arrival of busses)
- 10:05-10:50: Third Grade Performance & Art Show
- 11:10-11:55: Second Grade Performance & Art Show
- 12:35-1:20: First Grade Performance & Art Show
- 1:30-2:15: Kindergarten Performance & Art Show
- 2:30-3:15: Fifth Grade Performances & Art Show (all students will need instruments!)
Following all performances, students, staff, and families will have the opportunity to use the remainder of the time to explore the amazing Art Exhibit around the Gym!
From Mr. O' Brien
We now have a digital library card registration form that parents/guardians can fill out for their students that makes registration easier than ever! (Students must be over 12 years old to fill them out themselves.)
While digital registrations are preferred, we also have paper copies in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, available at the school library. The deadline for having the digital form filled out and the paper copy returned is MAY 15.
How can families partner with King during MCAS?
- Please support your child in getting a good night's rest
- Please have your child eat a good breakfast in the morning; reminder breakfast is available and free of charge to all students at King
- Help your child to arrive to school on time; we will be sure to support students in cases of late busses
- Please encourage your child to listen to the directions, read carefully, double check their work, take their time and "do their best"
If your child is in grades K-2:
- Please remind your child to do their best to be quiet in the hallways as some of their older friends are testing.
Thank you all for your support of our students!
FHS Dance Team hosts Youth Clinic on May 7
Character Trait of the Month: Compassion
Social Emotional Behavioral Community Building
Check Out This Resource From Our School Social Workers - Updated for April
From Your Specialists!
Hi Families! This year, our specialist team wants you to be able to take a look inside our classrooms. This is the first of many "Specialists Corner" for you to see the fun activities we're doing, and communicate any upcoming events or activities!
Here is the next edition of "Specialists Corner!" https://www.smore.com/7df95
Information from PTO
You're in luck! The King PTO Executive Board (eboard) has a number of positions coming up for election. Joining the eboard is a great way to increase your participation and have a more active role in the types of events and enrichment PTO provides to our students. Here are the positions:
Co-President: This person will work alongside Maryellen Butler in leading the King PTO. This includes facilitating meetings, being the main point of contact, overseeing financials, and much more! [2 year term]
Vice President of Fundraising: This person will have oversight over the fundraising strategy, including all fundraising events. [1 year term]
Treasurer: This person will handle all of the financials for the PTO, including budget tracking, preparing reports, and assisting with the annual tax filing. [2 year term]
Vice President of Community Relations: This person is responsible for all community events, as well as other activities like clubs and enrichment programs. [2 year term]
Recording Secretary: This person takes minutes at all PTO and eboard meetings, as well as supporting the Corresponding Secretary with communications efforts. [2 year term]
Interested?? You can learn more about any of these positions here: https://kingelementarypto.membershiptoolkit.com/assets/02739/King_PTO_By-laws_amended_20220203.pdf
Have questions or are you ready to express your interest?? Please email Lynn Monaghan and Maryellen Butler at email@example.com
The election for these positions will take place at the May PTO meeting on May 10th.
We look forward to working with you!
Community Vibes Framingham presents Juneteenth Fest: Sign Up Below!
Meet the King Staff!
Allergy Friendly Classrooms
- We ask that snacks (that are often eaten in the classroom) do not include nuts or nut butters. All classroom spaces at King this year will be allergy friendly rooms. Students are, however, allowed to have nuts and nut butters as part of their lunches in the cafeteria.
- In the cafeteria each classroom has 2 tables. One is labeled allergy friendly. We ask that any students that have nut or nut butter allergies sit at these tables; we ask that any students who have nut or nut butters as part of their lunch sit at the other tables.
- Students have been introduced to this in the cafeteria already, and will be reminded by their classroom teachers again.
Tour the school with ROARY!
Important Information SMORE
Doors open: 8:50am
Breakfast: 8:50am - 9:05am
School begins: 9:05am
School dismissal: 3:20pm
*Early release dismissal: 12:55pm (lunch is served)
*Half day dismissal: 12:20pm (lunch is not served)
Attendance Line: 508-782-7201