October 28, 2022
- Oct. 31- Halloween Parties (TBD)/Parade @ 3:00 pm
- Nov. 3- Werner Fun Run (K-2nd @ 1:00; 3rd-5th @ 2:00 on south fields- subject to change based on weather)
- Nov. 8-9- Donuts with Grownups, 7:45-8:30 am (see flier below)
- Nov. 8- PTA Mtg., 5-6 pm, Media Center
- Nov. 11- NO SCHOOL, Staff Work Day
NEWS FROM WERNER
WERNER FUN RUN 2022 FUNDRAISER
OUR WERNER FUN RUN 2022 HAS BEGUN!
Help us reach our fundraising goal of $30,000 to support media center upgrades and classroom/program budgets.
UPDATE: As of the afternoon of 10/28, here are our #'s.
Registration %: 75%
Participation %: 53%
Total Profit So Far: $13,628
Parent Action Steps:
Register your student(s) on MYBOOSTER.COM starting today!
Reach out to friends and family to sponsor your student by sharing your pledge link.
If you can give, please make donations online.*
Once you give, be sure to enter your employer's name into the Corporate Match search engine to see if they will match your donation! Employer matching gifts are a simple way to fuel fundraising for your child’s school without having to give a greater contribution. Werner keeps 100% of all corporate matching gifts!
Cheer on your student at the FUN Event on 11/3 (K-2nd 1:00-1:45; 3rd-5th 2:00-2:45)
Run & Done Collections:
- EASY for everyone! Sponsors pledge and pay online, saving our volunteers 50+ hours and helping our school collect more pledges faster.
- Sponsors can either make a pledge per lap or a flat donation. If they make a pledge per lap, their credit card is charged after the Event.
- Werner receives 50% -56% of the gross amount pledged and Booster receives the remaining amount to reinvest. Booster provides the custom marketing, personalized website for each student and school, prizes, the character development curriculum, and daily staff support for this program (approximately 120 hours). This allows parents to put their limited volunteer hours into the classroom or afterschool enrichment activities. In the last 20 years, Booster has helped 6,000 schools nationwide profit over $400 million dollars. During our 6-year partnership, we have profited over $119,000. They are an approved PSD fundraising vendor and annually partner with 6 schools in the Poudre School District.
*Cash and check payments are still accepted. Must be turned into the main office. Your student will still get credit for the pledge or donation.
*If you choose not to support Booster, you may still make a donation to our school to help support our fundraising effort. Make your check payable to Werner Elementary School. Your child will receive a book token for the book machine and are still able to participate in all of the programming, fun run, and class/school incentives.
Thanks again to our business sponsors, Dr. Blake Hyde of Alpine ENT, Artisan Remodeling & Design, BVB General Contractors, Journey Payroll and HR, Anchor Point Insights, Choice City Wealth Partners, Gavin I. Haswell CPA, Cross Canyon Engineering, and Poudre Sports Car for funding our T-Shirts, which the students will receive on the day of the run to show some school spirit as we run to raise money for Werner.
Check out this 30 second video about our upcoming event >> Click for Fun!
Thank you for your support of our school,
Halloween Parade and Parties-Oct. 31
- Halloween Parade and Parties- Our annual Halloween Parade will begin around 3:00 p.m. on Monday, October 31. Parents are invited to view the parade out on the playground. Parties will be held in each room before the parade sometime during the day. Room Parents and/or teachers will be communicating out to families on needs. Visitors will not be allowed for the parties this year. Each classroom may have three volunteers to support parties. Volunteers will need to check in to the main office and bring a gov't-issued ID. Please allow for extra time to accommodate this. Visitors watching the parade outside will not need to check in to the main office. You my take your child after the parade is complete.
- Guidance on Halloween Costumes- Halloween is a great opportunity for dressing up in costumes that are creative and fun. We ask that you help your students plan for costumes that are not scary (e.g. zombies, vampires, etc.) and that do not use pretend weapons of any kind. Guns, knives, nun-chucks, bows/arrows, etc. will not be permitted. Students are okay with wearing facemasks. Please check the weather forecast before coming to school with their costume. The parade is outside, pending on the weather, and will last about 20 minutes.
Odyssey of the Mind-Open House @ Nov. 1
At the Open House, parents and students will hear from Catherine Pawlikowski, Poudre River Regional Director, and Mr. Camp about this year's opportunity. Odyssey of the Mind is open to all K-5th grade students. Come to the Open House to hear more about the program, how you can help, and costs associated with participating. Please fill out this form if you plan to come or if you can't make it and want more information.
Here is website with a little more information for now: https://www.coloradoodyssey.org/.
Donuts with Grown-ups needs your help!
It's time for Donuts with Grown-ups!
This fun two day event is volunteer driven and cannot be done without your help.
The PTA needs your help with donut pick-up, event set-up, and event clean-up for our two day event. We serve over 500 donuts in just 2 hours! Our school looks forward to this awesome event every year. We can't wait to see you there!
MEALS THAT MATTER
Thanksgiving and all its delicious celebrations and traditions are right around the corner. Keeping with tradition, Werner is collecting monetary donations for our 13th Annual Meals That Matter program. With your contribution, Meals That Matter will provide Werner families in need of a little extra help this season with a grocery gift card and a frozen turkey (courtesy of the Larimer County Food Bank) to ensure all families can celebrate this special time of year. Please consider donating any amount to support our friends and neighbors.
Donations will be collected in the front office through November 11 and can be made via cash, check, or PayPal https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=EESPSETKRWW9E Checks should be made payable to Werner Elementary PTA. Please include “Meals That Matter” on your check or envelope.
For questions, please contact Kathy Green at (970) 631-2688.
THANKS FOR GIVING!
THANK YOU WERNER! CANS AROUND THE OVAL
UPDATE FROM WERNER:
With your support, Werner was able to donate $560.50 and 502.7 pounds of food to Larimer County Food Bank through the CSU tradition of C.A.N.S. Around the Oval!
Werner Student Council and Kindness Club
UPDATE FROM DISTRICT:
Poudre School District students and staff participated in the 36th annual Colorado State University C.A.N.S. Around the Oval food and fund drive from Sept. 19 to Oct. 19,2022. C.A.N.S. stands for cash and nutritious staples, and every donation benefits the Food Bank for Larimer County.
Nine schools participated in the food drive this year, including Beattie, Johnson, Kruse, Lopez, Riffenburgh and Werner elementary schools; Kinard and Preston middle schools and Rocky Mountain High School.
The point-based C.A.N.S. friendly competition allowed teams to register and compete against one another and in various group categories. The point system awarded five points per pound of food donated during the event, 10 points per dollar donated and 25 points for each team member who attended a “CANversation” discussion about food security. These points help determine the top contributors.
Overall, C.A.N.S. Around the Oval raised $60,727 and 17,854 pounds of food this year. Organizers are currently tabulating the competition results, including the top 10 “CANtributors” overall and top “CANtributors” for participating local schools. Once finalized, the Rams Against Hunger Team will post the results on the CSU C.A.N.S. Around the Oval web page.
School Lunch and Fee Payment Information
Paying for school fees and/or lunches is easy using SchoolPay. Below is the link for signing your student up, paying fees and/or adding funds to your student’s meal account.
PSD offers an easy and secure way to make payments to your child’s school on-line with a credit/debit card for fees and other charges as well as your child’s meal account through the District’s payment portal, SchoolPay.* The Pay Fees/Charges web page has information and instructions on paying fees and other charges online or go directly to the SchoolPay website.
Fees may also be paid in person at your child's school, paying with cash or check.
NEWS FROM WERNER PTA
Werner Weekly-October 28
Next PTA Meeting- Nov. 8 5:00-6:00 pm
Join the Werner Elementary Parent Teacher Association!
Receive a Wildcat’s Roar yard sign as a FREE GIFT when you register with our PTA! Membership is a $10 donation and does not obligate you to volunteer hours or to attend meetings. We'd love your support any way you can give it. Please fill out this Google form and submit your donation with our PayPal link (you don’t have to have a PayPal account). we'll be handing out the signs on the playground at the School Supply Drop Off, Monday, August 15th. (Registration is per person, not per household)
FREE MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL!
Did you know there are ways to donate money to the school by doing things you already do?
- If you shop at King Soopers with a loyalty card they will donate to Werner when you sign up here.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Smile and they will donate 1% of purchases.
- If you like to eat out, the PTA hosts Werner Dines Out once a month and the restaurants we partner with will donate back to the school.
Your Werner PTA
Follow us on Facebook to stay engaged with School Events, Werner Families, and see what the PTA is up to.
Thank you for supporting the Werner Elementary PTA!
PTA President | Nicole Kidd
PTA Vice President | Open
PTA Treasurer | Patti Haswell
PTA Secretary | Juliana Schump
PTA VP of Community Programs | Marissa McNulty
PTA VP of Fundraising | Megan Bright
There Is No Wrong Way To PTA. How Do You PTA?
NEWS FROM PSD
PSD Now Newsletter
One of many ways information is shared is through the PSD Now community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. This is emailed to families and interested community members about every other Thursday.
Here is the most recent newsletter of PSD Now. For archived newsletters and information about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.
FREE & REDUCED MEAL PROGRAM
It’s not too late to apply for the Free & Reduced Meal Program for this school year. By doing so your student’s approval to the program carries over for the first 30 days of next school year. Also, there are advantages to being on this program with discounts given throughout our community for student summer programs. Check out fcgov.com/reducedfee website for more information. The before and after school program, AlphaBest, also gives a 15% discount. Apply on-line at www.myschoolapps.com. Please note that August 1, 2022 is the first day you can apply on line for the 2022-2023 school year. Families do have to apply each school year unless they receive a letter stating otherwise.