Week of August 20th...
LA Staff News
~Reminder~Take attendance for the corresponding hours in PowerSchool. The MOST important hour is 2nd hour--and make sure that is recorded by 9:15.
Monday: 7:45 AM Steelman meeting with Norris (if anyone wants to attend)
New student: Olivia Goodmon starts today
Wednesday: 8 AM Staff Pictures
Back to School Night 6:00-7:00
Items to Note:
-Have all students signed the AUP?
-Would you like students to sign a contract regarding the virtual course? To help them better understand the responsibilities/expectations?
8/30: Principal Meeting AM-MN
8/30: Visible Learning Teacher Cohort at DAC PM (Summer, Paul)
8/31: Visible Learning Consult at LA 8-11 (Chad, Art, Summer, Melissa)
9/27: Visible Learning Teacher Cohort at DAC PM (Summer, Paul)
Interested in being an administrator someday?
Teachers Interested in Leadership Academy:
We are currently accepting applications from teachers interested in participating in Leadership Academy.
Interested parties must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for this program:
- Candidates must have at least two (2) years of teaching experience
- Candidates must:
- have completed a graduate degree in K-12 educational administration; or
- be currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in K-12 educational administration
- Candidates must submit an online application https://liberty.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx including a current resume by Friday, September 7, 2018
- You will need to be logged in to the application site to see the internal posting for Leadership Academy 2018-2019.
- If you have any questions about the application process please contact Cindy Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-736-6704.
LA Students in LTS
Don't forget about the pieces of LA that these students are missing out on. If things are recorded and uploaded to Canva, please make sure you ask Robin to ask them to watch them. We want their transition to us to be as smooth as possible when the time comes.
Sir Jameson Thomas (Goes by Jameson)
*These students will attend face to face math. They will also be available for you to pull out for any necessary times. Please communicate with Robin.
Students NOT Approved for Attendance as of 8/19/18
Haleigh Marchisio-Burch: out of town through Thurs, Appt Monday, plans to attend school Tues.
NEE Indicator 2.5
2.5 Builds on students' prior experiences, learning strengths
The teacher communicates an awareness of students’ prior knowledge and almost always begins learning activities by activating prior knowledge (or considers the prior knowledge of almost all the students). The teacher clearly builds on prior knowledge to create a strong web of knowledge with many connections.
In the classroom, this might look like:
Teacher activates prior knowledge of almost all students
Teacher makes many connections to knowledge web
Teacher refers strongly and repeatedly to content from other lessons or units
Teacher builds on the experiences of each student and adapts lessons as needed
In the early childhood classroom, the teacher consistently builds on learners’ prior knowledge and experience