Mrs. Blalock's Bulletin
Class Update 3/24/15
- Students will estimate and practice measuring lengths in centimeters and meters. Students will measure with the appropriate tool and determine how much longer one object is than another and express the difference.
- Students will continue to study facts by heart. They can practice facts on Quizlet to increase fact fluency. This site has interactive flashcards and games to help students learn facts by heart.
In Lesson 38, we will review doubling the final consonant or dropping silent e when adding a suffix that begins with a vowel. (hopping/hoping)
Spellingcity is a popular site to practice this lesson.
SC Picture Book Nominees
We will continue reading books from the 2014-2015 SC Picture Book Nominees list. As we read and discuss each book in class, students will be given an opportunity to submit an online Book Review. I will sign their blue record sheet.
- We hope to turn in all record sheets by 4/24 to Mrs. Matney in the Media Center.
- By doing this, we will receive an invitation to the READING Breakfast Celebration in May. See Media Messages Link above for more details.
- Here is the link for the Book Review Form in case your child wants to complete an online Book Review at home. Remember to sign the blue form or send a note and I will sign it. Thanks for your support!
Scholastic Book Club- Optional
If you are interested in ordering books for your child, preview the following site.
Our class code is HGT62 if the site asked for it. The link above should connect to our class page. We receive free books for our classroom with every order. Thank you!