Olympic View Weekly Newsletter
September 26, 2022
- Olympic View's office is open from 7:30am-4pm on weekdays.
- Our attendance clerk is Mrs. Mejia. Attendance phone number is (425) 366-5205 or email OVattendance@mukilteo.wednet.edu
- Gates open at 7:40am for student arrival onto campus.
- Breakfast and lunch are FREE to all students again this year.
- Sept. 27th: Curriculum Night at 6pm in gym (optional athletics meeting at 5:30pm in cafeteria)
- Oct. 6th: Picture Retake Day (All students not getting picture taken at August business day needs to have their picture taken for FREE ID card.)
- SPORTS SCHEDULES: https://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams?entityId=33458
- This event is for parents/guardians only and not students/siblings.
- There is an optional athletics meeting in the cafeteria starting at 5:30pm.
- There is also an optional meeting at 7:40pm for 8th grade parents in C141 with Mr. von Gohren about the non-school sponsored East Coast trip.
1. Parents/guardians will start the evening in our gym for a brief welcome from our principal.
2. Families will follow their student's schedule and spend 10 minutes getting to know each teacher.
- Check your student's backpack for curriculum night packet with space for students to write in their schedules and room numbers. (Printed schedules will also be available that evening as well.)
3. During 3rd period, student leaders will be "passing the hat" and collecting donations for the PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). All money raised goes directly back to classrooms in the form of teacher grant requests.
Hope to see you there!
PARKING AT OV
Just a friendly reminder that when parking on our campus, the handicap spaces are reserved unless you are displaying the placard. Per the Mukilteo Police department, their traffic officers will be patrolling. There is also no parking in the marked fire lanes in front of our school.
LAPTOPS & CHARGERS
Reminder! All students should come to school every day with a fully-charged laptop and charging cord. If students students forget their device, they should go to A202 to get a loaner Chromebook for the day (no extra chargers).
Students must turn off and put away all cell phones and electronic devices (including headphones, wireless earbuds and AirPods) when buildings open at 7:55am. They are not to be visible during the school day (unless with staff permission). If students need to make a phone call, they can use the student phone in the office.
Student Expectations while attending Home Football, Cross Country and Softball Games
- Games do not begin until 3:45pm.
- Students are not supervised after school unless they attend an after-school club or Elect to Learn.
- We are not responsible for students that choose to go off campus or go to unsupervised areas.
- Students should remain in the football or softball field areas until the activity bus or ride home arrives or the game is over.
- Students attending football games should remain outside of the fence.
- Rides home must be arranged before attending the game or students must catch the Activity Bus.
- Positive cheering only
Student supervision is not provided for students who are not in the designated field areas. There is no supervision after the game.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
Get involved! Our after-school clubs at Olympic View Middle School are just getting started!
CLICK HERE to view our school's current club schedule.
- Clubs are free this year (no ASB card required as in previous years.)
- More clubs will be added throughout the year.
- We also post the weekly clubs and activities on the bulletin board in office for students to check out.
- Make sure to check the start dates of each club and the room number where it meets.
ACTIVITY BUSES: Students staying after school for clubs can ride the activity bus home (if in our regular bus boundaries).
- There are two activity buses (a north bus and a south bus)
- Make sure your child knows his/her address so he/she can get on the correct bus.
- The buses leave at 4:10pm. There are limited stops on the route so it may or may not be your child's regular stop but close in proximity.
Questions about clubs? Please message the adviser listed or our activities coordinator, Heather Scott.
NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY (NJHS)
National Junior Honor Society (also known as NJHS) has opened recruitment for this year. If you are a current 7th or 8th grader, consider joining us! NJHS is a service organization with high academic standards and criteria.
Library is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings beginning at 7:35am. Students can work on homework, read or visit with friends.
Library is also open Tuesday (we play board games) and Friday (we can watch videos or play games) during lunches. (No food or beverages allowed.)
ELECT TO LEARN
- Our 6th graders can also get help from tutors after-school. They just need to check in with Mr. Kure in the library.
All students are welcome to come to Elect to Learn in the library from 2:45-4pm on Mondays through Thursdays. Ms. Armendariz and Mrs. Christensen are there to supervise and help students. Students can ride the activity bus home (must be in bus boundary).
FREE ONLINE TUTORING
Free homework help/tutoring services through "Revolution Now" is available for middle and high school students.
- Watch the five-minute instructional video below to get started, or simply go to the orange Revolution Prep icon in the student portal.
- Homework Help Tutoring Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcLViv1FrYg&t=1s
Get Started! Just log in with your MSD student login: https://api.revolutionprep.com/users/mukilteo/saml/sign_in
Having a locker issue? Want to switch from a top locker to a bottom locker?
- Fill out this Google form: https://forms.gle/b3id1RSEFfWxTJ3W7. Students can also stop by the office to see Mrs. Wright with any locker issues.
How can families help in this transition? Please be mindful of visits to the school during the school day.
- If your student forgets an item, it can be placed on the student drop-off shelf in our office. Students can check this shelf during passing time or at lunch.
- We do not do deliveries to minimize classroom disruptions.
If your family paid for a school photo packet, those orders were passed out to students in 6th period classes last Friday. Make sure to check your student's backpack. If you have any issues with photos, please contact Dorian Studios directly by visiting their website: www.mydorian.com/support.
Picture retake day is October 6th. Students that did NOT take their picture need to have their picture taken on this day to get their free school ID and yearbook photo. Students that would like a retake must bring in their photo packet and exchange it for a new picture on retake day.
CLICK HERE to go to the Mukilteo School Disrict website for detailed information about ParentSquare and how to activate your account.
- By activating your account (logging in and setting up a password), you can communicate in your preferred language, comment on school postings or send direct messages to teachers and staff with translation support.
- Pro tip: Remember to set up your preferences. You can choose to get instant notifications or sign up for "digest" to get info from ALL of your assigned schools in one email for the day at 6pm.
Our counselors move up with their students and will be with the same students every school year at OV.
- 6th Grade: Lisa Morris (MorrisLK@mukilteo.wednet.edu)
- 7th Grade: Wendy Smith (SmithWJ@mukilteo.wednet.edu)
- 8th Grade: Teresa Hoffman (HoffmanTL@mukilteo.wednet.edu) & Sam Link (LinkSA@mukilteo.wednet.edu).
NOTE: Mrs. Hoffman works Mondays, Tuesdays and every other Friday; Mr. Link works Wednesdays, Thursdays and every other Friday.
JOIN OV PTO
Membership is a great way to get involved and support your school!
PTO Dine-Out Nights
Every Wednesday in September, our PTO holds a "dine out" night at Sully's PIzza & Calzones--20% of your bill is donated back to us.
Go to MOD Pizza in Mukilteo on September 29th and show this flyer (or use code #MODF9479). MOD Pizza donates 20% of your bill back to our PTO.
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator Simone Neal (425-356-1319), email@example.com, Section 504 Coordinator Lisa Pitsch (425-356-1277), firstname.lastname@example.org, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330), email@example.com. Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director (425-348-2220) firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204.