🔴 ⚫ 🔴 Elk Announcements & Information 🔴 ⚫ 🔴
We have a limited supply of items for students in need, such as: hygiene items, blankets, backpacks, school supplies, and food. Please have your student visit with their house counselor, principal or Mr. Brown for more information.
📣📣📣 BHS Cheerleader Tryout Information 📣📣📣
If you are interested in becoming a Cheerleader for Burleson HS for the 2020-2021 school year, you need this information!!!
There will be a mandatory parent meeting on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at Burleson High School upstairs in the Communal Learning Center at 6:00 pm. Tryout packets will be given out at this meeting along with information on how to fill them out and when they will be due.
You will not be eligible to tryout for cheerleading if you and a parent/guardian do not attend this meeting. Tryout packets will only be given out at this meeting.
**Cheerleading costs for a new cheerleaders range from $1000 to $1500. A $500 deposit will be due at our uniform fitting on March 31 and all monies are due by Friday, May 22, 2020 to maintain eligibility and attend cheer camp. No exceptions.
Tryout clinic will be March 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th, in the BHS JV gym from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. Tryouts will be held on Friday, March 13 in the JV gym.
Please contact Coach Amy Chavers at email@example.com if you have any questions. CHEERS! *\o/*
Need to purchase your Senior Ad or yearbook? Click the button and you will be redirected to our BHS Balfour site.
🔴 ⚫ 🔴 College & Career Ready Elks 🔴 ⚫ 🔴
2/27/20 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
3/12/20 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
4/26/20 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
College Scorecard that students and families can use to compare college costs and outcomes
- Weisinger Law Firm Deadline: May 31
- BISD Scholarships
- NEW Local Burleson Area Scholarships
This link will take you to a pdf of all the scholarships that the district has information on. They are all organized by due date. The ones highlighted in teal are local scholarships.
I know searching for scholarships can get overwhelming. Start by exploring the pdf and to making a list of the ones you potentially qualify for and then make a schedule or set a goal to complete a certain number of applications a week. Some students try to do one a week and some try to do more; it kind of depends on the types of scholarships they are filling out.
Make sure you check the College & Career Twitter page for new scholarships!
- Complete FAFSA
- Send SAT/ACT to colleges
- Apply to at least 3 colleges (most deadlines are before Thanksgiving)
- Send transcripts to colleges (link here)
- Begin applying for Scholarships (ideally, 4-5 per week)
- Sign up to take SAT/ACT in fall 2019 or spring 2020
- Take SAT/ACT again over summer and/or Aug./Sept. of senior year
- Identify at least 5 colleges where you’d want to apply and figure out admission requirements
National Honor Society
- 2/21/20 2020-2021 Officer Applications Due
- 3/4/20 March Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 3/13/20 Senior Scholarship Applications Due
- 4/1/20 April Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 4/14/20 NHS Induction
- 4/17/20 Powder Puff Applications Due
Don’t forget to check with Ms. Essex about PASS dates.