Weekly Newsletter - February 25, 2021
celebrating 26 years of excellence in catholic education
Theme for the Year: Hope
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a nurturing and prayerful learning environment committed to academic excellence, training missionary disciples to seek virtue, wisdom, and truth, in partnership with a community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
Teaching the Mind...Nourishing the Soul
From the principal
It has been quite the journey these last two weeks! Thank you for your patience while we waited for the snow and ice to melt, for the power and water to return, and for repairs to be made to the campus. We still have more work to do in order to run the HVAC system. Each day we get a little closer. Today, the broken boiler was removed from the school as we await the new one to arrive. I have been told it should be here soon.
I know some of you are still experiencing issues from the weather. I will continue to pray for you, and for others in the community. Times like these truly remind us how fortunate we are to routinely have so many of our needs met. When we experience times where we are without, we experience discomfort which can cause us to pause and reflect on our lives. This is an opportunity to become closer to God.
We began this Lenten Season with a different perspective. I hope to use these challenges to bring me closer to God with a renewed thankfulness for His love and mercy.
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
Hope Bible verse for February
Click below to see Mrs. Do's PreK Students Reciting this month's bible verse. Well done!
New saintly "HOPE" quote to ponder
Virtue of the Month
Help Needed in Car line
save the date
April 17, 2021
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS FOR THE 2021-2022 School Year! Please direct your family and friends to the school website, or have them call the school office for more details.
- 3/2 National Read Across America Day-Dr. Seuss' Birthday! - Students will engage in reading for pleasure during the day. Please see details below.
- St. Joseph Altar during the Month of March - We will be collecting food all during the month of March in honor of our Patron, St. Joseph's Feast Day on March 19th. We create an altar (display) in the cafeteria containing iconography of our patron. Food that gets donated is placed around the display all month long. Here is a list of items in need at the St. Joseph's St. Vincent de Paul Society Food Pantry. Do not forget that you can earn 1 service hour for every $10 you spend for this food pantry. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Chili and beef stew
Corn bread mix
Pasta and sauce
Toothpaste and brushes
- Weekly Wednesday Mass - We will be attending Mass weekly on Wednesdays, at 8:30 a.m. Distance Learners, we are attending along with you from home! Be sure to wear your dress uniform and participate by clicking on the parish link: https://stjoe88.org/ On-Campus Learners, be sure to wear your dress uniform to school on these days. Families are welcome to attend. All must wear a mask to enter the church. Students may sit with family members during Mass, but will need to be walked back to their teacher before leaving the sanctuary.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Tuesday, March 2nd
Service Hour Opportunities
- Donating food during the month of March in honor of the Feast Day of St. Joseph.
- Helping with Catechism classes on the weekend for the parish of St. Joseph (details below).
- Donating food during NJHS Food Collections at Mass.
- If you are able to provide a case of water to the school, you will earn 1 service hour per case.
- We are always in need of Lysol spray.
- We are always in need of Clorox wipes.
- Liquid hand soap
- Disposable gloves
- STREAM Enrichment supplies (listed below)
- Also, you can earn 1 service hour by attending any Spirit Night.
Every $10 you spend will earn 1 service hour. Thank you! We truly need the help.
New service hour opportunity:
Leading catechism on Saturday mornings via Zoom
How does it work?
Catechists dismiss their class once they finish the lesson, so end times fluctuate a little. We have three PK/K classes, eight 1st-5th catechism, and eight Sacramental Prep.
Classes are small. We have 3 students (the PK/K Spanish class) to 14 students each. All classes are through Zoom, and I train them, if needed. Catechists and I review the lesson on Thursday evening and Friday morning (their choice of which to attend), plus I’m flexible and will add lesson review sessions as needed to fit their schedule.
That’s it, in a nutshell! Also, I need substitutes. If they can only help once in a while. They can be added to my sub list, and they will be contacted when a catechist will be absent.
PK/K catechism is at 8:30-8:50am
1st-5th catechism is at 9:00-9:45am
SacPrep is at 10:00-10:30am
They can start as soon as they are available! My contact information is:
Direct line: 682-326-5348
Weekly Mass Opportunity
Here is a copy of the prayer to pray when one cannot physically receive the Holy Eucharist.
Home and School Association
Our Spirit Night from February 9th at Chick-fil-A earned the school $234.94. Thank you, Knights! This is great!
Next Spirit Night - Tuesday, March 9th at Spring Creek BBQ on Cooper. Please see the details below.
*Don't forget to give yourself a service hour in the FACTS Family Portal if you order food on a Spirit Night!
*Also, don't forget to scan your receipt using the Box Tops app if you have items in your grocery basket with the Box Tops logo!
Don't forget...When away from school
Monday Morning Prayer Service Zoom Invite
This link should also be found in your family's Seesaw Account or Google Classroom.
Diane Price is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Monday Morning Prayer Service
Time: 08:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 839 3372 6239
Knights in Action!
Monday Morning Prayer Service
This week's prayer service
stations of the cross
Displays on Campus
The past two weeks in art
Please enjoy the following examples of student work from Mr. Suarez' art classes these past two weeks. These are lovely! We always have more beautiful work than I have the space to share.
K: Drawing Fish with crayons
1st Grade: Heart Designs using colors and patterns
2nd Grade: Spring Flowers using paper collage and The Surreal Eye inspired by artist Henri Magritte’s “The False Mirror”
5th Grade: African Mask Designs in honor of Black History Month and 12 Hearts Grid: a dozen miniature heart-themed designs created with inspiration, imagination and innovation!
6th Grade: Lenten Art - Christ on the Cross drawing based on the style of Georges Rouault
Newly Updated STREAM Wish List
Conservation Hearts Candy
- Small Dixie Cups
- Individually wrapped candy
THANK YOU from the STREAM TEAM!!!
growth in the Greenhouse
COVID-19 Daily Home Screening Required for Students
Parents: Please be sure to complete this short screening each morning. If none of these apply to your child, you may come to school. Please contact the school if your child is sick or has been exposed to a positive COVID-19 individual. We will guide you on what next steps to take regarding your return date to campus.
SECTION 1: Symptoms
If your child has any of the following symptoms, that indicates a possible illness that may decrease the student’s ability to learn and also put them at risk for spreading illness to others. Please check your child for these symptoms:
1. Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth
2. Sore throat
3. New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
4. Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
5. New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
SECTION 2: Close Contact/Potential Exposure
1. Had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with a person with confirmed COVID-19
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
Many More Health and Wellness Resources May be found here
Meet our parish priests!
Join Fr. Kelley for Mass-live
Daily Mass is open to the public. Attendance limited to first 40 people. Temperatures will be checked at the door. Please maintain social distance from others. Also, the Parish Office now has limited office hours: 8-10 a.m. Monday-Friday. Parishioners may schedule Mass intentions, purchase a candle or refill Holy Water. Most staff will continue to work from home, and are available via direct dial office phone and email 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The faithful are dispensed from the obligation to attend and to participate in Sunday Mass, but not dispensed from our faith.
- People in attendance at Mass must wear masks or scarfs over their mouths and nose inside the buildings to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- All attending are to practice proper social distancing, wear masks and use hand sanitizer upon entering the church.
- The Bishop asks to be considerate in charity of your neighbor and receive Holy Communion in the hand for the time being.
St. Joseph Catholic Parish
- Please watch this important video message from Fr. Kelley: https://youtu.be/sO3CFan_kM8
- Please join the parish for daily and weekend Masses at this link: https://youtu.be/LxIRBSew1yI
- Please continue tithing to your parish. St. Joseph Parishioners may go to this link to give: https://stjoe88.org/giving
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
Join Bishop Olson for mass
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.