Elizabeth Haddon News
March 27, 2023
UPCOMING CALENDAR DATES & EVENTS
3/27 5th Grade Yearbook Cover Contest Submissions Due
3/28-3/31 Art Goes to School
3/31 PTA Parent Social 7:00 PM, Haddon Fortnightly
4/3 5th Grade Service Project 3:00pm-5:00pm APR
4/4 EH 1st Grade Trip Adventure Aquarium 9:30am - 2:30pm
4/4 Bake Sale for Sandy Hook Promise Foundation, 3PM, Avondale Playground
4/5 Author Jerry Pallotta Visit
4/7 Square1 Art Fundraiser Orders Due
4/7 - 4/16 Spring Break
4/18 EH 2nd Grade Trip to Philadelphia Zoo 9:00am - 2:00pm
4/20 BOE Work Session 7:00pm
4/24 All Bookworms Due
4/25 Community Meeting 10:10am APR
4/26 5th Grade Talent Show in school performance 1:45pm - 2:45pm
4/27 Take Your Child to Work Day
4/27 BOE Meeting - Budget Adoption - 7:00pm
4/28 EH 2nd Grade Arbor Day Walking Trip - 8:45am - 9:45am
4/28 EH 3rd Grade Earth Day Expo 9:00am HMHS
4/28 5th Grade Talent Show 7:00pm APR
4/30 Order Deadline for Customizable Yearbook
5/2-5/4 3rd-5th Grades NJSLA
5/9-5/11 3rd-5th Grades NJSLA
5/8-5/12 Teacher Appreciation Week
New School Based News
Rise in Illnesses
Please note the following guidelines to help keep our children and staff healthy:
- Please let us know if your child has been diagnosed with strep or other illnesses including the flu and COVID when calling him/her in absent. The health department has asked us to track it.
- Your child may return to school once he/she has been fever free for 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medication. However, if he/she is still coughing frequently, has diarrhea/vomiting or is not feeling well, please keep him/her home until fully recovered. If your doctor has recommended specific days to be out of school, please follow that advice.
- If your child is diagnosed with strep throat, they can return to school once on antibiotics for 24 hours and fever-free for 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medication.
- Encourage your child to practice good hand washing, particularly after coughing, sneezing or using the bathroom. Hand sanitizer will also help when soap and water are not available.
- Encourage your child to cough or sneeze “in their elbow” rather than their hand or not covering up at all.
- Encourage your child to keep their hands away from their mouth, nose and eyes, the entryway for flu and most germs.
Square1 Art Fundraiser
Square 1 Art offers a wide range of fun items for you to preserve your child's art and capture this precious moment in time. These mementos make great gifts for Mother's/Father's Day and are loved by all of the special people in your child’s life (especially grandparents)! At least 35% of your purchase will go back to our school. The more participants we have, the higher % we receive, so order those gifts now!
Check out the flyer for easy ways to order online, or you can search for and order your child's art using the link below:
Order deadline is Friday, April 7th!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Teacher Appreciation Week: Thank Yous From Students Needed!
Thank you for taking the time to thank your teachers! Please fill out this Google Form. Use the sentence starters to help you express why you are thankful for your teacher(s)! You can pick one or more of the sentence starters, and you can nominate your current teacher, a teacher from a previous grade level, and/or a specialist teacher. Students are welcome to fill out more than one Google Form. Your statements will be used to create placemats for the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. (Due: 4/21)
Order a Yearbook!
The Lizzy Haddon Yearbook is on sale now! Deadline to order is 4/30. Click here for information on how to purchase and customize your child’s yearbook. Questions? E-mail: Laura Scarpaci email@example.com
Bookworms Due April 24th
Your child's Bookworm kit has been sent home with the students! Make sure you keep the envelope, you will need to return the completed story back to us in that envelope. The envelope also has the directions on the back.
The kit includes the papers they need to use to create the book and there is also an order form in there in case you want to order more copies for yourself or family. Returning the completed kit will guarantee you 1 book. If you want extra copies please complete the form and return with the completed book.
Please return the completed story on or before April 24th. Please have your child return it to their teacher.
Reach out to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Carly and Lisa
Take Your Child to Work Day: April 27th
Early Morning Band Rehearsals
Day 3: Lizzy Early Morning Band Rehearsal Dates/times
March 30th-@ 7:40AM on the Lizzy Haddon Stage
April 17th-@ 7:40AM on the Lizzy Haddon Stage
April 25th-@ 7:40AM on the Lizzy Haddon Stage
May 3rd-@ 7:40AM on the Lizzy Haddon Stage
May 11th-@ 7:40AM on the Lizzy Haddon Stage
May 19th-@ 7:40AM on the Lizzy Haddon Stage
May 25th- Morning Dress Rehearsal @ MS(Info will be sent out when we get closer)
May 25th-Spring Concert @ MS at 7:00PM(6:30 report time)
Summer Enrichment Program
This tuition-free summer program is open to any current K-12 Haddonfield student. Class sessions are designed to provide participants with various fun, engaging enrichment opportunities via hands-on, interactive, project-based learning activities.
Space is limited, so sign up today! Registration deadline is April 18 at 5 PM.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE REGISTRATION FORM DOES NOT CONFIRM A ROSTER SPOT. CONFIRMATION WILL BE SENT UNDER SEPARATE COVER AND BE DETERMINED BY THE FOLLOWING:
- DATE/TIME OF SUBMISSION
- COMMITMENT TO PROGRAM (e.g., a student who plans to make all sessions will have priority over a student who can only commit to partial participation).
- WE WILL ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE STUDENTS WITH THEIR FIRST CHOICE SELECTION; AT THE SAME TIME, PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO OFFERING AT LEAST ONE COURSE FOR ALL THAT APPLY
- A lottery will be considered for oversubscribed courses
Program confirmation will be emailed on/around Friday, May 5, 2023.
Please click here for the Summer 2023 Enrichment Program homepage, which includes the following:
- Program Overview
- Contact Information
- Course Descriptions
Gino R. Priolo, Ed.D.
Previously Shared School Based News
Women's History Month
NJ Student Learning Assessment Testing Dates
Growth Mindset Goodnight Question Cube
We thought this might be a great resource for tying in Growth Mindset to your child’s bedtime routine: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UP4Ds6ui-uf2FIDxMEa62w4EbO3xjBGw/view?usp=sharing
Reminder: Cell Phone and Smartwatch Use During School
If students need to communicate with you, they should call from the classroom or main office. If a child is using a device without teacher permission it will be confiscated until the end of the day. Frequent occurrences of unauthorized use will result in no longer being allowed to bring these devices to school. Thank you for your assistance with this.
Lunchtime Speaker Interest Form
Have a unique career? Do you use technology in your job? Please fill out the form here if you're interested in coming in for 30 minutes to discuss your career with students in grades 2-5 during their lunch. You will be contacted depending on your interest and availability. This form doesn't guarantee being invited to come in, as this depends on interest level.
Calling the Classroom
Recess, Line Up, and Proper Attire
Recess/Morning Line Up
- If the real feel is 15 degrees or above, we will play/line up outside.
- If the real feel is below 15 degrees, we will play/line up inside.
- We use weather.com for our temperatures.
- Please be sure that your children are dressed in proper attire for the weather.
- Please send them with gloves, a hat, and a warm winter coat.
- Please be sure to label all items as we often have lost items during the winter months and we aim to return this quickly when labeled.
Snack Donations Needed
Reflex Math: Grades 2-5
Reflex is an online, game-based program that helps students build fast and effortless recall of
math facts. Research has shown that quick recall of math facts is critical for future success in
mathematics. Click Here for Reflex Parent Guide. Your child can access this site via Clever.
HMHS Tutors for Grades 3-5 Students
"Haddon's Helping Hands" (3H) has returned to Haddonfield School District. 3H is a program in which some of our high school students are paired with grade 3-5 elementary students for tutoring and, as a secondary benefit, relationship-building.
After pairing 70+ elementary school students with high school tutors last year, the group is now open to new applications. The application is available here.
Parents should communicate with the HMHS student through the elementary student’s school email address. Scheduling for tutoring sessions depends on the availability of the ES and HMHS student.
Practice Using the Mood Meter
Being Your "Best Self"
As part of our initiative to provide life skills and character development for our students, EH students have begun taking part in lessons on how to be their "Best Self," helping them to have their actions match who they truly are as individuals. Students are beginning to recognize their feelings, label, regulate, and act from a place that is true to them. If you would like to join this conversation with your child, you may find the questions below helpful; they provide an excellent foundation for a dinner-time conversation about what it means to be our "Best Self."
Creating a Family Charter
We’re using IXL to support our curriculum in Math and Language Arts this year, and your child has access to this online program at home. With thousands of skills that match what we’re learning, as well as insights into student progress, IXL is a great resource to help your child excel and practice skills.Click Here for IXL Parent Guide
Adding School Calendar to Your Phone or Google Calendar
- Click Here for instructions on how to add this to your phone calendar. Paste this code into the "subscribed calendar" box https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/c_bhhat3uhcr3llrs1qiejvcbhk0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
- To add to a google calendar go to our website At the bottom of our embedded scroll calendar, click the + button and add it!
Sign-Up To Receive EH PTA E-Blasts
Note: You must fill out this form to receive PTA e-mails even if you have received them previously.
Update Your Contact Information in Genesis
Absence Reporting Procedures
If it is necessary to keep a child home from school, please do one of the following:
- Call the office before the start of school
Email us at ehattendanceOffice@haddonfield.k12.nj.us or click the link on our school homepage, and include
- Child’s first and last name
- Reason for absence
If you do not have access to email, you may call in your child absent. You must send in a note when your child returns if you use the call in method.
All important forms can always be found here and on the EH Homepage under the “Important Documents” This site will be updated throughout the year.
- Lunch cost is $3.35. Payment can be made via the School Lunch Payment Portal or by check made out to Haddonfield BOE
- Students will be required to order in their classroom each morning.
- Please review the lunch choices with your child (especially those at the younger grades) to help with ordering at school.
- For more information: Food Services in Haddonfield
EH TRAFFIC REMINDERS and INFORMATION-PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE
My School Bucks
This online payment service provides an easy way to pay for items such as ChromeBook fees and class trips using your credit/debit card or electronic check. Enrollment is easy and is available today! To create an account, follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account.
2. Add your students using their school name and student ID.
3. Make purchases with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
A program fee of 3.9% applies. You will have the opportunity to review any fees
and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly:
· (855) 832-5226
· Visit myschoolbucks.com and click Help
We are excited to announce that the Zone PTA has kindly covered the cost for everyone to have access to the school directory for the 2022-2023 school year.
If you were a DirectorySpot user last year, then you don’t need to do anything unless you need to adjust anything. If you want to adjust anything on your record then please do so using a web browser, you will not be able to do it through the app.
If you are a new student or have never been in the directory before, please fill out this form and you will be added to the directory: https://forms.gle/EcZ8STi3ZQYmavS1A. After you fill out the form, I will add you to the directory and you will receive an email that you have been added from DirectorySpot. At that time you can download the DirectorySpot for free from the App Store (iPhone users) or Google Play (Android users), or you can also access the data from the web: https://www.directoryspot.net
Having contact information up to date is more important now than ever. Please email Lindsey Murphy at email@example.com with any questions!
Pets Prohibited on School Grounds
Dogs are not permitted on the school property during school hours and at drop off and pick up times. Although many children feel safe around animals, some children have adverse reactions to pets even though they may be well trained. We have noticed some families bringing pets onto the school grounds especially at morning line-up or pick-up. Please be considerate of others by cooperating with this policy.
All Community News must be sent to Mr. Chuck Klaus’s office for approval. Community members should submit their news by email to Ms. Channell Jorrin at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be included. Please do not send news directly to the school principals.