EECV Family Newsletter
May 2022 - News and Information for our Families
Message from the Principal
Dear EECV Families,
Spring is here and as we prepare for the end of the school year, we continue to have many fun and engaging activities planned. This month's curricular theme is Moving On. Throughout the month, our students will be engaged and learning about where we have been, where we are now, and where are we going.
Our students will be learning through hands on experiences with these ideas in mind:
- Going New Places: I am ready to go to new places.
- Trying New Things: I feel comfortable trying new things.
- I Can Do It: I always try my best.
- We're Big Now: Look what I can do now.
Last week I sent an email to parents about Teacher/School Staff Appreciation Week which is nationally recognized from May 2nd through 6th this year. Thank you for your support of our staff throughout the year and recognizing their hard work and effort during this week!
I wish you a happy and healthy month of May! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Jackie Plantner, Principal
Myia Bruening, Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn Resar, Secretary - email@example.com
Jennifer Packman, School Nurse - firstname.lastname@example.org
EECV's 3rd Annual Art Show!
Wednesday, May 11th will be our 3rd annual EECV Art Show from 6:00-7:15 PM.
We invite our EECV students and their families to tour the hallways of our school to see the artwork created by our students and enjoy a sweet treat of cookies and milk in our cafeteria. This is a time to visit your child's school with them and to look and appreciate the beautiful creations made by the students of EECV.
An RSVP form will be sent home in student backpacks the week before. We hope to see you on May 11th!
Save the Date - Preschool Bridging Celebrations
Parents/guardians are invited to come to the school that day during your child's classroom specific time to recognize this day. Look for a note home as we are closer to that date with your child's specific bridging time. Stay tuned for more information!
Thursday, June 2nd - LAST DAY of school and bridging celebration for Gray, Yellow, Lilac, Green, Pink, Orange, Aqua, and Peach Rooms
Friday, June 10th - LAST DAY of school and bridging celebration for Gold, White, Burgundy, and Silver Rooms
From the Desk of Nurse Packman
It’s always great to say goodbye winter and hello spring, unless you or your child suffer from seasonal allergies. Here are some tips to help those with seasonal allergies feel better:
Close the windows in your house and car, and if you have air conditioning turn it on!
Wash hands and face when you come in from outside to remove pollen and allergens.
Be thoughtful about outdoor time by checking the pollen count in your area before heading outside. There is a great app available for Apple and Android called “My Pollen Count” that is a free download.
Talk to your physician about medications to help relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies, including sneezing, watery or itchy eyes, and nasal congestion. These medications work best when taken consistently, and can take a while to kick in, so if your physician recommends them, it is important to take them consistently.
Please continue to monitor your child for signs of illness, and keep them home if they are not feeling well. If your child will be absent, please call the EECV office at (440) 284-8250. Feel free to call Nurse Packman at (440) 284-8099 with any questions or concerns about your child’s health.
- Monday, May 2 through Friday, May 6 - Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week!
- Thursday, May 5 - PreK Storytime - Lilac, Silver, Peach, Aqua, Yellow, and White Rooms
- Wednesday, May 11 - National School Nurse Day
- Wednesday, May 11 - EECV 3rd Annual Art Show
- Thursday, May 19 - PreK Storytime - Orange, Burgundy, Green, Gold, Pink, Gray Rooms
- Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day, No School
- Thursday, June 2 - LAST DAY of school and bridging celebration for Gray, Yellow, Lilac, Green, Pink, Orange, Aqua, and Peach Rooms (time to be determined)
- Friday, June 10th - LAST DAY of school and bridging celebration for Gold, White, Burgundy, and Silver Rooms (time to be determined)