May 18 - May 27
- Library books were due TODAY
- Please send in diorama materials Monday (check your child's binder for a letter about this)
- Please send back permission slip to watch fun educational movies about animals. (See your child's binder for this permission slip)
- **Parents with students going to Camp Canaan, please send back the completed forms ASAP - your child is not allowed to go on the trip without the completed forms turned in.
- May 20 - NO SCHOOL
- May 25 - Zaxby's Spirit Night
- May 26 - Fun Run Camp Canaan Prize and Dance Party Prize
- May 27 - End of the year Pizza Party!
- May 30 - Memorial Day (NO SCHOOL)
- May 31 - Field Day (see details below)
- June 1 - 1/2 Day for Students
- June 2 - 1/2 Day for Students
- June 3 - No School for students (teacher workday)
Additional yearbooks have been ordered and can be purchased starting Monday, May 23rd. We have a limited number of copies and it is a first come first serve basis. You can purchase a softback yearbook for $25.00 or a hardback yearbook for $30.00. If you write a check, please make sure to write the check out to Lifetouch and be sure to include a telephone number on the check. If sending in cash, please have exact change. Once all the yearbooks are gone, they are gone. We will not place any additional yearbook orders this school year.
Yearbook sales schedule:
Monday, May 23rd- 7:00am-7:45am in the atrium
Tuesday, May 24th- 7:00am-7:45am in the atrium
FIELD DAY NEEDS YOUR HELP!
We need you to help make our Field Day the Best Day EVER!! Please sign up to work a station for May 31st. The goal is to have at least 120 volunteers so you will have 2-4 parents at each station. Your child will rotate through your station and you may have a chance to take a break and go see them in other activities. We will begin at 8:00 and complete Field Day by 12:00. You can sign up for the game and age group you are interested in working. Thanks again for your support, these kids have worked hard all year and deserve a Fun Day of games!
The kids are always so proud to have you there helping make our Field Day a success!!
Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
Remember to log those minutes all summer long!
Challenger registration for the 2016-2017 school year will begin in May
Deadline to register to attend Challenger After-School during the month of August is Wednesday, July 27, 2016. If you fail to register your child by the deadline for an August start date, the next start date is Tuesday, September 6, 2016, and Challenger After-School registration forms must be turned in to Challenger school site directors by Wednesday August 31, 2016.
The forms can be found on the district website -