Weekly Newsletter - November 14, 2019
celebrating 25 years of excellence in catholic education
November - the month of remembrance
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a safe and prayerful learning environment, enveloped by an intimate community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
From the Principal
This past weekend, we celebrated our largest fundraiser of the year, A Knight to Remember 2019 - A Knight in Monte Carlo. It was a beautiful gathering of friends, both past and present, all in support of Catholic education, specifically-St. Joseph Catholic School. So much effort went into making this evening possible. Thank you to all who committed hours of their time, and to those who sponsored the event. Your generosity and dedication to this school do not go unnoticed. May God bless you and may God continue to bless St. Joseph Catholic School.
In Christ's service,
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
Theme for the Year: Goodness
Goodness Bible Verse for November
new saintly quote to ponder
Enrich your soul in the great goodness of God: The Father is your table, the Son is your food, and the Holy Spirit waits on you and then makes His dwelling in you. - St. Catherine of Siena
Latin and greek roots challenge
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Upper School Dance, Friday, November 15th - NJHS is sponsoring a dance for Upper School students only, in the school gym. Be sure to check with Mrs. Doskocil or Mr. Rodriguez on dress guidelines and entrance fees.
- Uniform Swap, Saturday, November 16th - Check the flyer in the Thursday Folder for details.
- Nolan Administration is Coming to SJCS - This coming Wednesday, November 20th at 6:30 pm, for a Partner School Night. They will make a presentation for you and be able to answer any questions you have about Nolan. This will be a good opportunity to learn about our Catholic high school.
- NJHS Thanksgiving Food Drive - Next week, November 18th through November 21st, NJHS will be collecting food items from any of you who wish to donate to the St. Joseph Parish St. Vincent de Paul Society food pantry for the holiday. Here are the items most needed: cranberry sauce, canned turkey gravy, turkey stuffing, canned dried onions, boxed potatoes. They are also needing everyday items: peanut butter and jelly, pancake mix and syrup, Vienna sausages, salt, sugar, pie filling, packages of popcorn, and deodorant. Thank you so much for your generosity during the holidays!
- H2O Water Walk 2019 - Friday, November 22nd, we will have an opportunity to walk in solidarity with those who walk so far every day to retrieve water none of us would like to drink. We also have a chance to raise funds to help bring clean water access to a school in Uganda. Please see the stewardship opportunity below for more details.
- Little Gobbler Open House - We welcome preschool and kindergarten aged children who might be interested in attending SJCS, to the school for a tour this Friday, November 22nd from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Please see flyer in the Thursday Folder.
- Book of Life and Remembrance Wall - Please feel free to write down names of loved ones passed in the Book of Life found in the school office. The names will be read over the school announcements during the month of November. Also, we are accepting photos of family members who have passed, to post on the Remembrance Wall in the school cafeteria. You may drop these photos off in the school office and they will be placed on the wall for you. PLEASE be sure to write your name on the back of the photo if you would like it returned to you at the end of November.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Stewardship Opportunity: Water Walk 2019 - November 22nd!
Please support our efforts to bring clean water to Good Samaritan Primary School in Uganda. They are adding a second rainwater collection system to the school’s facilities to support over 1,500 people having water for drinking, cooking, and washing.
Your support of any dollar amount for Good Samaritan Primary School will help students succeed in their educational aspirations and secure a bright future. Thank you!
Check out this message just for us!
Here are some pictures from Water Walk 2018!
Home and School Association (HSA)
- Our next Home and School Association (HSA) Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 15th at 7:00 pm in the school cafeteria, with "Meet the Artist" in the library, beginning at 6:00 pm. More information to come about that. We hope you can attend!
- The children of HSA Members who have paid their dues to join, and are able to attend the monthly meetings, are allowed to wear any SJCS spirit shirt purchased through the school with blue jeans and tennis shoes of their choice to school on the Thursday after the meeting!
A Knight to Remember 2019
HSA Spirit Night Contest
This year we are going to have a Spirit Night Contest!
The class that has the most attendance for Spirit Nights will win an ICE CREAM Sundae Party!
Each teacher will be given an envelope to keep the receipts and it is easy to participate!
Three Easy Steps:
1. Attend a Spirit Night
2. Save your receipt
3. Turn the receipt in to your teacher (if multiple students turn in their receipt to one teacher, be sure to write all the students' names on the receipt)
Spring Creek BBQ Spirit Night!
Knights in Action!
Frassati Award Recipients
The Beatitude she exemplifies: Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.
The Beatitude he exemplifies: Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Monday Morning Prayer Service
Moments Captured around campus
Lower School and Upper School students alike, enjoy learning in a variety of ways!
Art This Week
In Art this week - 2nd Grade: Advertising Art Drawing- Lettering and Brand Names; 5th Grade: Cubist Portrait Drawing inspired by Pablo Picasso’s “Weeping Woman” painting; 6th Grade: Drawing Mannequins with Objects including pencils, Mini flags, plastic utensils and other small items. Wonderful work, Knights!
Clearing the Way for Bigger and Better!
Updated STREAM Wish list
STREAM Enrichment would love to have these items donated for your children's use.
- Peppermint Candy
- Gum Drops
- Solo Cups
- Aluminum Foil
- Popsicle sticks (big and small) (colored and plain)
- Scotch tape
- Gallon bags
- Hersey Kisses
- Jolly Ranchers
Competition Time is almost here!
Do you have any information you would like to share with the entire Knight Community? We would love that as well! Please send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our Dominican Sisters!
Meet our parish priests!
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Parish
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is occurring after daily Mass in the Chapel until 5:45pm. Come spend some time with our Lord.
- Please enjoy this link to a lovely article in the North Texas Catholic about the pastor of St. Joseph Parish, Fr. Kelley: https://t.co/3ItrotxIyf
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.