keaton martin and jon campbell
- respiration-delivers oxygen to the cells and removing carbon dioxide from them
- nutrition-carries digested food substances to the cells of the body
- waste removal- disposes of waste products and poisons that would harm the body if they accumulated
- Immunity - helps protect the body from disease
- Cellular Communication - the circulatory system provides a mode of transport for hormones
- Thermoregulation - the circulatory system transports heat (can both warm and cool body)
major organs and locations
- the heart- located slightly to the left of the middle of your chest
- the blood vessels- blood vessels are everywhere, but they eventually come back to the heart
- blood- blood is located all throughout your body,
interactions with other body systems
- the circulatory system has a connection to the urinary system by sending blood to the kidneys. the kidneys filter the blood and send it back to the heart.
-the digestive system is also connected, nutrients is put into the blood stream from it
- also the respiratory system is also connected to the circulatory in the lungs
if any disease or malfunction were to occur the likely effects of this would be death because the heart wouldn't get blood, or the blood wouldn't pump. you could also get pains in areas in which the organs associated, with the circulatory system are at.
-one disease called myocardial infraction basically is a blockage in the blood flow
-angina pectoris- is a disease that causes pain in the chest where the heart is located
the blood, As a liquid connective tissue, it transports many substances through the body and helps to maintain homeostasis of nutrients, wastes, and gases.