Week ending October 16, 2015
Happy Birthday to YOU!
Mark your Calendars
4th grade will have CAMP/Conference from 7:30 to 8:30 AM on these days due to musical practice.
- 5-7PM: Community Shot Clinic
- Wylie Way Day: Unity Day - Wear orange! (You may wear jeans.)
- 6:00 PM: PTA General Meeting
- 6:30 PM: Austin Meeting
- 7:00 PM: 4th Grade Musical
- 7:30 AM: 4th Grade Musical for student body
Wiggle that Door
Wylie Way: Caring & Giving
DinoBeat: 9 Week Awards
- With advanced pods, some students are not acquiring A's and B's because of the advanced curriculum.
- Did we really "recognize" them in an authentic, meaningful manner? No. We did not.
- Recognizing academic success completely based on the letter grade teaches children we are more focused on the product, opposed to the process. I'm sure most of you agree that you would want a hard working student.
So, after meeting with each team, we are going to have the Gettin' Gritty award! Each teacher will recognize one student that exemplifies one or both of the following:
- Someone who consistently puts forth great effort to become successful in their academics. (GRIT)
- Someone who has shown notable growth in a specific subject.
Thank you for all of your ideas!