Standard Middle Warriors
Family Newsletter - November 2020
The Warrior Way
School Pictures MAKEUPS are Coming-more info at a later date.
We need Parent Volunteers! PTSA is looking for parents dedicated to make this an amazing year for students. Yes-we even need officers!! Use this FORM to sign up to help and someone from PTSA will contact you. YOU can help make a difference in the lives of our students!
Every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday our School Counselors host counseling groups for students. Students access these groups through their Google Classroom Accounts. It is called "Counseling Corner."
We completed Quarter 1 and are well under way in Quarter 2. Remember that every teacher has office hours from 1-2pm daily. This is the perfect time for students to do their assignments with teacher help. Students who have been attending have seen their grades improve.
We greatly appreciate the home-school relationship in working together for your student's success. Standard Middle is looking forward to a year of greatness with students!
Susan Denton, Principal
Costume Cruise - 2020
Enjoy the little things!
Warrior eSports is Coming!
Beginning with 8th grade, we are creating an eSports team that will compete in January. In February, we will add other grades as we grow our eSports team. Watch for more information coming soon!
Standard School District App
Get information directly to your phone! Download the APP from the App Store or Google Play.
Warrior eSports is Coming!
Social Media Connections
Standard Middle PTSA
SMS Warrior Band & Choir
@StandardMiddle - OFFICIAL Standard Middle School Facebook Page
1. Send a text message to this number: 40404
2. Type "follow @StandardWarrior" in the message
3. Make sure there is a space between "follow" and the "@" sign
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Access is a website that allows parents to access information about the student. For your login credentials - please contact the district office (661) 392-2110.
TIPS for Successful Distance-Learning
- Using your own device? Here's step-by-step directions on how to add your student's school account.
- Students MUST start their learning time through CLASSLINK. This gives them access to all of their programs.
- Have access to your student's schedule and classroom information through our Parent Portal on Infinite Campus.
- Students will receive information through their school email accounts as well.
- If you need a device or your student's device is not working properly, come to the SMS Administration building.
- Make sure your student attends school ONLINE everyday on-time. Office hours for teachers will be listed on the schedule.
- Make sure your contact information is current. Call the school to update phone numbers and addresses. You may update your email through Parent Portal.
- Stay connected by keeping up-to-date through our social media and school webpage. Join our parent groups-volunteers are always appreciated.
- Need a HotSpot for wifi service? Contact the district office at (661) 392-2110 for more information.