Evergreen Middle School - September 16, 2022
Mark Your Calendars!
- Diversity Club starts | in Room 118 | September 20th | 2:45-3:30 | every Tuesday
- Cross Country Jamboree | at CVHS | September 22nd | starts at 4:30pm
- Skate Night | Roller Valley Skate Center | September 26th | 6:00 - 8:00pm | $8 at the door
- PTO Meeting | September 27th | 5:00 - 5:30
- 5th Grade Strings begins for Sunrise students | September 28th | 8:00 - 8:30am
- 5th Grade Strings begins for Adams & Riverbend students | September 30th | 8:00 - 8:30am
- Band Fun Night | October 11th | 5:15 - 7:30pm
- Picture Retake Day | October 13th
- Teacher LID - NO SCHOOL | October 14th
- Middle School Conferences | October 25 - 28th | early release at 12:30
- Band Concert | November 1st | 7:00pm | EMS
- Orchestra Concert | November 3rd | 7:00 - 8:00pm | EMS
- 8th Grade Orchestra students to WSU Orchestra Festival | November 4th | 8:10 - 2:40
Hooptown Basketball K-6th Grade League
New opportunity for all K-6th grade basketball players at any skill level to be able to play—from beginners to advanced competition. Visit HooptownUSA.com for info or to register.
Registration is first come first served, on a school by school basis and may be limited and closed prior to the registration deadline of September 22nd or until spots are no longer available.
Nutrition Services Update:
STEM Rocket Camp at SVT
The cost of camp is $40.00 per student. All funds raised will support the Spokane Valley Tech 10th and 12th class councils which plan grade level activities and senior year prom. Enrollment forms may be mailed or dropped off (7:30 AM-3:00 PM) at SVT. Please plan to pay with cash or a check by Thursday, September 29th. Checks should be made to SVT ASB. Limited spaces available.
Camp will run for 2 sessions 9-11:15 and 12:00-2:15, please choose one.
Fall Sports Schedules (subject to change)
Want to Get Some New EMS Gear and Give Back to the School??
We are so excited to announce that our new
EMS Spirit Store through Game-One is NOW OPEN!
*Accessories * Blankets * Jackets * Shirts * Hats *
Some awesome benefits to purchasing through Game-One are:
EMS receives 10% back on every purchase!
Items are shipped directly to YOUR DOOR within 7-10 days!
Items are customizable not only to EMS but to any school you choose
(CVHS, Ridgeline, U High, etc.)
Spirit store is open to all -- parents, grandparents, students, teachers, staff, etc.
Visit the online spirit store and support Evergreen Middle School!!
Please Consider Making an InvestED Donation TODAY!
“We believe that small acts of kindness make a big impact.” InvestED helps bridge the gap between what families can afford, what schools can support, and what students urgently need. We help low-income students across Washington “Get to School, Engage in School, and Graduate”. We partner with almost 700 secondary schools to support nearly 25,000 students each year. By 2024, our goal is to help at least 50,000 kids each year. This is an ambitious goal, but no less urgent given the range of challenges and barriers that students face every day. Please join this effort to support kids in your local community. Together, we can help “Bridge the Gap”. Visit www.InvestED.org for more info.
Donations are applied to...
Each year, InvestED provides urgent funds to students from your community. When a teacher, counselor, coach – or any staff – see a student who has a need, they are able to tap into InvestED funding to provide an immediate and discreet solution. A warm coat, testing fees, track shoes, band uniforms, ASB cards, art supplies, hygiene kits, prom dresses, tutors, or medical exams for participation in athletic programs…the list is long. No matter what the need, our funds make a BIG IMPACT, at LITTLE COST, with NO FUSS. Support your school’s campaign today to double the impact on your community! See 50 Ways InvestED Supports Students.
InvestED fundraiser for Evergreen Middle School - Spokane Valley
Students in our community need help.
*InvestED matches up to $500 per school, per school year until funds are exhausted.
Please support students in our community by donating to our campaign. We are partnering with InvestED, a statewide nonprofit, to help meet the basic and academic needs of our most vulnerable students. One hundred percent of funds raised will support promising young people who are experiencing hardships beyond their control.
Thank you for supporting our campaign and being a valued partner to our students and broader community. Learn more.
All donations are tax-deductible and acknowledgment letters will be provided to you directly by InvestED). InvestED is a 501(c)(3) organization. Tax ID: 23-7189670. Contact them for more information.
Why are donations necessary?
A family’s income should not be a barrier to a student’s ability to reach his/her full potential. Athletic cleats, tutors, and college application fees can be unattainable luxuries for students and families who struggle day-to-day. Yet these items, and others, are often requirements for students to fully engage in school-based and extracurricular activities. Without financial support from InvestED and community support, from people like you, many children lack access to enriching activities or supports that promote their academic achievement and personal growth. Donate today and help spread the word to your family and friends. These are our kids and they need your help. Every contribution makes a big impact.
Contacts at Evergreen Middle School
- Mike Syron, Principal: email@example.com | 558.3717
- Rachael Crooks, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3716
- Natalie Nootenboom, 7th/8th grade Counselor: email@example.com | 558.3710
- Sharma Walker-Thornton, 6th grade Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3711
- Heather Crooks, ASB/Head Secretary: email@example.com | 558.3701 or 558.3714
- Marci Highley, Assistant Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3700
- Jessica Trejbal, Assistant Secretary/Registrar: email@example.com | 558.3702
- Joyce Wilson, School Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3708
School office hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:00pm
14221 E. 16th Ave. Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Main Office: 558.3700 Attendance line: 558.3706 Fax: 558.3705 ASB Office: 558.3714