Recipe 1: Macaroni and Cheese
Ingredients- 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of milk, 12 fluid ounces of can evaporated milk, 1/2 pound elbow macaroni, 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese divided, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with fresh and evaporated milks. Mix in uncooked macaroni and 3 cups shredded cheese. Stir in salt and black pepper. Transfer to slow cooker, and sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Do not stir or remove lid while cooking.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 tablespoon dried basil, 1.2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch sized pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
1 cup of all purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoons of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoons of salt, 3/4 cup of skin milk, 3 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of white sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 large banana, 1/2 cup of miniature semisweet chocolate chips.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set bowl aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the skim milk, melted butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients, being careful not to over mix the batter. Gently fold in the banana, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
Toddler Food - Healthy Snacks