Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
September 9, 2018
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Big thanks to our PTC and WatchDOGS for hosting a fun Playground Night on Friday - it was great to see our Colt Families out and enjoying the evening! We hope to see many of you at LazerCraze on Wednesday, 9/12 - click here for more details!
We are so fortunate to have incredible visual and performing arts programs on our campus led by many talented parents and staff!
On Monday, we invite all art docents (or those who want to learn more) to attend the art docent training hosted by Mrs. Cheairs and Mrs. Stanley, our art docent program chairs. Join them at 9 am in the MPR to learn more. Just sign in at the front office and head over.
Also, Mrs. Adams and Mr. Coleman are excited to announce that our spring Musical Theater production will be Disney's Peter Pan, Jr.! Auditions are open to 4th and 5th grade students and will be held after school on Friday from 1:30-3 pm. You can learn more about the audition and the play on the Music Webpage (click on the Musical Theater link at the top). All the rehearsal dates are also on our public calendar to help with planning. We know it will be spectacular, and we can't wait to see our 4th and 5th graders shine! If you have questions about MT, contact Mrs. Adams at email@example.com
Furthermore, our LCES Choir will be getting started with their rehearsals this week - our choir is made up of over 60 students in grades 3-5 who have a passion to perform! You can find more information on the Music Webpage.
You can always get the most up to date information about upcoming programs and activities on our website - the calendar is always a great place to start. You can access it from lces.wpusd.org > Calendars & Event Info > Lincoln Crossing School Event & Info Calendar. Our school app also has our calendar posted. A link to get the app (it's free) is at the bottom of this newsletter.
Support our School Safety Initiatives
Families are always welcome to join their child before school, at recess and at lunchtime. Three things to keep in mind:
- Please be sure to sign in at the front office if you'd like to accompany your child past the gate in the morning!
- Please do NOT hang out along the playground fences before school or at recesses. Instead, please stop in the office to get a visitors badge and come on in to campus! We welcome you here, but we can't be sure if folks are friends or foe when they are at the fences. The safety of our children is our #1 priority - please partner with us!
- If you would like to volunteer in the classroom, be sure to check in with your child's teacher to plan the dates/times, and check in with our office team to ensure you have a current TB test on file.
Air Quality & Recess
As the temperatures fall and the regional fires are getting more contained, air quality has been less of a concern in recent days. However, we continue to monitor the Spare the Air and the AirNow websites in order to inform our plans for recess, especially as the weather warms this week. In the event that the air is deemed 'unhealthy for sensitive groups,' we will be offering an indoor recess option. If the air quality is in the 'unhealthy' or higher range, we will offer only indoor recess.
Parking & Drop Off
Please note that parking is at a premium, particularly now that we have about 15 new families who joined us this fall. If you are arriving early and waiting with your child in your car, please consider parking along the street to ensure our staff can find parking when they arrive.
We've made some adjustments to our drop off in the morning in order to ensure safety of our students. It is essential that you pull all the way forward in the drop off lane so that we can get all of our cars/kiddos into the drop off zone and then out of their car in a safe and efficient manner.
Please visit our website to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. Remember that it is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. If you can arrange your day to arrive in those windows, you'll typically find that your experience is quick and (relatively) easy. We provide supervision beginning at 7:55 am, and after school until 3 pm (2 pm on Early Release (ER) days).
- now-Fri., 9/14: PTC Spirit Wear Order Form Sales - view details here
- now- Fri., 9/21: PTC Believe Fundraiser
- Mon., 9/10: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/10, 9 am: Art Docent Training; check in at the office; meet in the MPR
- Mon., 9/10, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 9/10, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCE Choir Auditions
- Tues., 9/11, 10:05-10:20 am: Leadership Ambassador Student Meeting
- Wed., 9/12; 5-8 pm: PTC Extreme Craze Family Night Out - view flier here
- Fri., 9/14: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 9/14, 1:30-3 pm: Musical Theater auditions
- Sat., 9/15 all day: Eagle Scout Project at LCE - come my mid-morning if you can!
- Mon., 9/17: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/17, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 9/17, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Fri., 9/21: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 9/21: all Believe Fundraiser Orders are due
- Fri., 9/21, 1:30-3 pm: Musical Theater audition call backs
- Mon., 9/24: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/24, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 9/24, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Fri., 9/28: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 9/28, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Mon., 10/1: Early Release Day
- Mon., 10/1, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 10/1, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Tues., 10/2, 5-6 pm: PTC Meeting in the Library; child care provided
- Fri., 10/5 - Mon., 10/8: No School; school resumes on Tuesday, 10/9
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule! You can also find information about our leadership program here: http://lces.wpusd.org/subsites/music/index.html
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.