Notre Dame Return to School
We are excited to return to school this fall with continued safety measures in place to ensure the safety of our students and staff. We are confident that the measures we have in place will ensure the safety of students and staff, reduce anxiety around the return to school, and foster a learning environment that supports all of our students.
Mandatory Mask Protocols
- All students will be required to wear a mask on the bus, or any method of school transportation (ex. team vans, or staff vehicles).
- ALL students and staff members will be required to wear a mask in the school in all common areas. Students will be given mask breaks in their classroom and when they are outside during recesses, phys. ed classes, or outdoor learning times.
- Students may wear their masks all day if they wish.
- Please ensure your child has 2 clean masks per day. Masks may be cloth or disposable. (bandanas or gaiter masks cannot be worn in place of a mask)
- Used cloth masks must go home daily and be cleaned. Students' masks should be clean each day.
- Caretakers will clean high-touch areas more frequently.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned more frequently.
Limited Access to the Building
- To ensure the safety of our students and staff, the outside doors will be locked at all times.
- When dropping off or picking up your child, please do not enter the playground or the school.
- Parent contact and meetings will be held by telephone and/or Google Meet. If the need arises to enter the school, you are asked to call to make an appointment. When you arrive, you may ring the outside doorbell to be let in.
- All visitors must wear a mask in the school and sign in at the office. There will be access to the office only - no classroom visits.
Dropoff and Pick Up of Students
Kindergarten – Grade 7 parent drop off and pickup of students will be on 104th Street at the rear of the school.
Pre-K drop off and pickup will be in the church parking lot.
Bus drop off and pickup will be on 105th Street by the fence entrance. Please do NOT park anywhere in front of the school so buses are not blocked.
Parents should not be in the school, or on the playground until further notice. (parents may enter the school with an appointment)
Please maintain social distancing if you are not wearning a mask.
- The school day runs from 8:50-3:25.
- The classrooms will be split into two groups to accommodate smaller groups in the hallways and on the playground. There will also be staggered entrance, recess, lunch and departure times.
- Once students enter the school they are to move directly to classrooms, sanitize hands and be seated. Backpacks will serve as portable student lockers. Everything should remain in backpacks where possible.
- Sharing of materials and food is not allowed. Phone use by students will be on an emergency basis only.
- Hand washing and proper hygiene including etiquette for sneezing and coughing will be taught, modeled and practiced.
- When in the hallways students must walk on the right side of the hallway and must refrain from touching the walls. Floor arrows have been installed as a reminder.
- Lunches should be sent with the students in the morning as parents will not have school access to drop off lunches. There will be no microwaves available for student use.
- The Milk Program will be postponed until further notice.
- Playgrounds will not be cleaned and sanitized. Students will sanitize their hands as soon as they enter the classroom.
- Programming for students with intensive needs will continue according to their IIP.
- Mental Health and Emotional Supports will be provided for students and staff.
Illness and Care
- Students and staff who are sick must stay home.
- If your child is ill, please notify the school by entering the absence into Edsby. If you need assistance, please call the office.
- If a student becomes sick while at school, the parents/guardians will be called and will be required to come and pick up their child. The student will wait with a staff member in the isolation room or outside (if a nice day) until the parent/guardian arrives.
- Students must be symptom free for 48 hours before returning to school.
- Please follow up with the LOCCS guidelines.
- Your child’s teacher will call you before September 1, introduce herself/himself to you and give you information about the first day of school. Students will meet with their class in their assigned area outside with their teacher.
- Further communication from all teachers will be posted in EDSBY.
- Playground areas will continue to follow a schedule for recesses to keep classes separate.
- Academic school supplies have been purchased by the Light of Christ School Division. Each student will receive the academic supplies required for their grade level. Parents are responsible for paying a fee for these supplies. An online payment system will be set to pay fees. More information will be sent out at a later date with a link to the online system.
$25 – Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2
$30 – Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6
$35 - Grade 7
- Parents will be responsible for purchasing the following items for their children:
Indoor running shoes
Individual scent-free hand sanitizer
3 reusable masks (no bandana or gaiter masks) or new disposable masks each day
Headphones (Grade 1 to Grade 7)
- Students will only be permitted to bring backpacks, lunch kits, water bottles, masks and outerwear between school and home.
- Please ensure that all student belongings are clearly labelled with the student’s first and last name.
- Students’ water bottles should be filled before arriving at school. Students have access to a water filling station for their water bottles. Students may not drink out of any water fountains, so please send a water bottle every day.
Extra-Curricular and Clubs
School Information Sites
2) Continue to check our school Facebook page to stay updated.
3) The school website will also be updated regularly.