83 years old.
Born on May 11, 1932
What He Is Famous For
Valentino is an Italian fashion designer and founder of the Valentino SpA brand and company. His main lines include Valentino, Valentino Garavani, Valentino Roma, and R.E.D
- Valentino is the classic Valentino design. This label are designs that date back to the beginning of Valentino's career.
- Valentino Garavani is dedicated to the accessories, a vast category that includes bags, shoes, small leather goods, belts and costume jewelry for women and men.
- Valentino Roma is a more casual line of clothing. The pieces were made for the everyday women. These are also more affordable.
- Valentino R.E.D. was launched to create a young, contemporary and romantic line-up that mirrors the house's top codes. Valentino said its a modern fairytale underscored by girly creations, playful combinations, impalpable fabrics and elegant finishes and details.
- Began studying fashion design from a young age.
- He was a favorite designer of the worlds best-dressed woman.
- He used a particular fabric shade known as "Valentino red."
- Valentino got his professional start as an apprentice working in the salons of Jean Dessès and Guy Laroche.
- Valentino left Paris in 1959 to open a fashion house in Rome.
- He modeled his business on grand houses he had seen in Paris.
- He quickly gained recognition of his red dresses.
- In 1960, Valentino met Giancarlo Giametti in Rome. Giametti, an architecture student, quickly became Valentino's partner.
- Together, the pair developed Valentino SpA into an internationally recognized brand.
- In 1967, he received the prestigious Neiman Marcus Fashion Award.
- Valentino spent much of the 1970s in New York.
- Valentino announced that he would retire fully in January 2008 from the world stage after his last haute couture show in Paris. He delivered his last women's ready-to-wear show in Paris on October 4th.
Valentino | Fall Winter 2015/2016 Full Fashion Show | Exclusive