CVE Friday Flash
September 1, 2023
Mr. Macken's Message
Thank you for making it a priority to attend our open house this week. I heard the teachers enjoyed connecting with their students from last year and greeting the new ones as they dropped off materials I apologize for not being able to join the fun. I had knee surgery earlier that day and would have been no fun to be around that evening. Fortunately, I have plenty of ice and some football to watch this weekend, so I look forward to greeting all the kids on the first day of school.
I'd also like to express my gratitude to the CPTA for sponsoring the Ice Cream Social. What a great way to kick off the new school year with a sense of community and delight!
Dates to Remember
- Sept 5: 1st - 5th Grades First Day of School
- Sept 5: Kindergarten Open House / Meet your Teacher (Parents/Students) 11 AM - 1 PM
- Sept 6: Kindergarten First Day of School
- Sept 6: 3rd Grade PIN 5:30-630 PM
- Sept 11: 4th Grade PIN 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Sept 12: 2nd Grade PIN 5:30 -6:30 PM
- Sept 14: 5th Grade PIN 6:00 - 6:30 PM
- Sept 19: CPTA Meeting
- Sept 22: Picture Day
The 2023-24 Centerville Elementary Calendar is located on our school’s website at https://centerville.isd12.org/ under the Parent Hub. Here you will also find the 2023-2024 District Student Calendar and the 2023-2024 Elementary Student Letter Day Calendar.
Looking for a ways to Volunteer?
- Interested in volunteering in a classroom, library, or with one of our wonderful events throughout the year?
- Complete the below survey and we will reach out with opportunities throughout the year.
- Opportunities vary in time commitment and can be weekly, monthly, as needed/available basis.
- Volunteer Survey
Parent Drop Off / Pick Up Process
- Ensure you have filled out the Parent Authorization Form - This will create your window signs and identify who is able to pick up your student(s) after school.
- Watch this Parent Pick-Up / Drop-Off Video - Watch this video with your students and share it with anyone who has permission to pick students up after school so they are aware of the process.
- Review the Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up Map to better understand the route to enter and exit the campus.
Will your child(ren) be absent, arrive late (after 9:17 am), or leave early from school (prior to 3:40 p.m.)?
- Use the attendance form - it is a one-stop shop to share any attendance changes with us! No need to notify teachers...this form will notify both the office & teaching staff!
- The attendance form is on our website page on the parent hub. Check it out HERE!
Know your child(ren) will be gone? Submit now!
Classroom and Field Trip Money
- All contributions for classroom and field trips are made online in the parent portal. Sorry, but no cash or checks are accepted.
- Follow THESE easy directions to make a contribution to either your student's classroom for fun activities throughout the year or Field Trips that classes will take.
- More information on classroom money and Field trips will be shared by teachers during Parent Information nights.
End Of Day Transportation Reminder:
- Students are not allowed to ride other buses home with friends.
First Week of Bussing:
- It is amazing how well the first days of busing go considering the initial confusion of new students, unfamiliar bus stops, and in some cases new drivers.
- Students should arrive 5 minutes early at their bus stop.
- Afternoon routes may be delayed (5-10 minutes) at first.
Do you want to receive Transportation updates by Text?
- Text "Y" or "YES" to 67587.
- Opt out of these messages at any time by responding to one of our messages with "STOP." Note: The District will text only emergency information and bus delay updates. SchoolMessenger is compliant with the Student Privacy Pledge, so be assured your information is safe and will never be given or sold to anyone. Terms and conditions: Message frequency varies. Standard message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Text STOP t
Buy Your Yearbook Now!
Get an early bird discount using this link now! You don’t want to miss out on this special opportunity!
CALLING ALL PARENTS!
- We are looking for the first day of school pictures of students! These pictures can be by themselves or with a group (at the bus stop, carpool lane, or at home!) The more pictures the better!! 🙂
- Here is the link to submit pictures!
Power Pack Opportunity
Do you have an hour a week that you would like to help us out? We are looking for volunteers to pick up Power Packs this year.
- Drive to the Middle School on Wednesday
- Grab the tote(s) with CVE on them.
- Drop them off at Centerville School.
The more volunteers we get, the fewer times you need to go. It works great if we have at least 4-5 as that will only make the trip once a month.
If you are interested in helping us with the pickups, please call or email Judy Montain at 763-792-5804 or email@example.com.
Centerville Parent Teacher Association
The Centerville Parent Teacher Association (CPTA) is a great way to be engaged with your child’s school and meet other families.
Check out the CPTA Website for more information.
Welcome back to school and back to new opportunities for learning and activity with Community Education! We have fall offerings for the whole family, including Gymnastics, Aquatics, sports & recreational opportunities, STEM offerings, and more! View all offerings online, communityed.isd12.org.
Sept. 6- Deadline to register for swim lessons at noon.
Sept. 7- Kids Dance (ages Pre-K-5)
Sept. 10- Conquer Ninja Rec Team (ages 6-13)
Sept. 19- Skyhawks Soccer Camp (ages 5-10)
Sept. 21- Volleyball Intro Skills and Games (gr. 3)
Go online to view all activities and to register, communityed.isd12.org.
Welcome to the Digital Backpack, the district’s central posting place for community flyers. If you have questions regarding these programs, please contact the organizations directly. View the Digital Backpack online.
Annual Review and Update of Student information
Centennial uses an online method in Campus Portal for families to update annual information for students such as annual notifications, agreements, emergency contact information, and communication preferences, etc. This process eliminates the many beginning-of-the-year paper documents that would typically be collected during the first few weeks of school. Please login to Parent Portal, review, and update the data on file for you as parent/guardians as well as your students by Friday, September 22, 2022.
Below are some links to help you login to your Parent Portal account and get started:
Website Navigation Reminders
The Main Navigation button is the three stacked horizontal lines. Clicking on this will show you all your options for navigating the site. This will be consistent whether you’re on a desktop or mobile device so your navigation experience will be seamless. Selecting Schools next to the navigation button enables you to get to your student’s school or program quickly.
Are you looking for information such as the calendar, attendance form, or school lunch menu? Select the Parent Hub on your student’s school site for a one-stop shop for all of your go-to needs.
Minnesota law requires children enrolled in childcare, early childhood education, or school to be immunized against certain diseases, unless the child is medically or non-medically exempt.
If proper documentation is not provided, students will be unable to attend school after November 1st, 2023. What you need to do:
- Contact your health care provider and review your child’s immunization status to make sure they are up to date.
- If you missed a required vaccination, make an appointment with a healthcare provider or local clinic as soon as possible.
- Follow up with your students’ school if they have reached out to you regarding your students’ immunization status.
- Turn in medical (must be signed by a health care provider) and non-medical (must be notarized) exemption forms to your child’s school if they are exempt from immunizations.
Visit the MDH website for vaccine schedules, exemption forms and more information including where to get free/low cost immunizations today. Please reach out to your students’ school for any questions.
The district has created a uniform Elementary Handbook with policies and procedures which can be found on Centerville's website https://centerville.isd12.org/ under the parent hub/parent tools. You may also request a hard copy through the office or your child’s classroom teacher.