October 6, 2020
Recently our community has been on a roller coaster as we heard news that schools had the potential to open, only followed by news that the opening was delayed. You have probably experienced a range of emotions from excitement, to fear and confusion. I do hope you know that our teachers and staff will continue to work tirelessly in front of the camera for zoom meetings and behind the scenes creating learning videos and assignments for your children. You should be hearing from teachers during the coming weeks to schedule individual parent/teacher conferences.
ASD has a new Decision Making Matrix. If you would like to understand the details used to decide when schools will return to face-to-face instruction please follow this guide. Matrix
In preparing for the possibility of face-to face instruction, here are some items for you to consider.
- Students should practice wearing a mask (this will be required at school including during recess)
- See your child's doctor before we return if you need to update asthma action plans and allergy plans (we need to know if your child's symptoms are new or related to their chronic health conditions)
- Drinking fountains will not be in use, so plan for water bottles. You can send a refillable bottle to school or a disposable bottle. We do have access to water for filling these bottles.
- Prepare your child, that school will not be like other years. We will not be mingling with friends from other classes (not even at recess), we will eat lunch in our classrooms. PE/Art/Health/Music classes are not regularly scheduled.
This Wednesday, October 7, at 4:00 pm, I will be hosting a Principal Town Hall Meeting. Please join me to hear from our Specialist about how your family can stay involved at Kincaid and in our community. I look forward to seeing you! Come see Mrs. Zorea, Mrs. Reale, Nurse Rachel, Mrs. Holonics, Ms. Heather, and Ms. Lang during our Town Hall Meeting. We really miss you!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 971 3771 5760
First Quarter Grades
All students have access to iReady and are encouraged to do daily practice in both math and reading for 15 minutes with each content area. Students should be completing a minimum of 30 minutes a day in iReady, but of course may do more. Teachers look at the iReady tasks frequently to see how their students are performing.
We have your printed materials at the front office. Please come by M-F between 9:00-4:00 to pick up your materials. We would be so happy to see you!
Each of these events will be hosted in a zoom meeting. We will send out links in an email.
- Oct 7: Principal's Town Hall Meeting @ 4:00 pm
- Oct 12: PTA Meeting @ 6:15.
- Oct 20: Family Virtual Art Night for Primary @ 6:30 pm
- Oct 22: Family Virtual Art Night for Intermediate @ 6:30
- Oct. 23-31 Red Ribbon Week
- Oct. 26: Family Virtual Game Night- BINGO
Topic: Kincaid PTA General Meeting
Time: Oct 12, 2020 06:15 PM Alaska
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 826 390 8280
If you would like to join the PTA please go to this website: https://my-site-102228-107635.square.site/
Red Ribbon Week
National Red Ribbon Week October 23-31
Mark calendars to celebrate National Red Ribbon week October 23-31. This year’s theme is Be Happy. Be Brave. Be Drug-Free.
- Click here for a list of virtual activities including contests, themes, and more.
- Click here for videos and lessons geared towards Secondary students aimed to inspire and empower youth to find their “Natural High” and develop the skills and courage to live life well.