November 4, 2022
Information in this Update:
- Counseling Updates - TRIMESTER TWO TRANSFER DEADLINE 11/04/22
- 2023 State Testing Information- Opting Out
- HROA Staff Highlight - Lisa Albrecht
- HROA Community Enrichment
- Resources (check out the yellow buttons near the bottom of the page)
November 4: HROA to HRVHS transfer request deadline
November 11: No School - Veteran's Day Observed
November17: School Picture Retakes 2:00-3:30pm at HROA Building
November 23 - 25: No School - Thanksgiving Holiday Observed
December 2: End of Trimester 1
December 5: No School - Trimester 1 Report Cards Mailed December 7
HROA Counseling Updates
Trimester Two Transfer Requests - Deadline is 11/02/2022
Amanda Phillips, High School Counselor
This week's update: Trimester Two Transfers - Time is Now - Deadline is 11/4/2022
Information included in this link: https://express.adobe.com/page/8rNsdIklXZFYK/
You got this - and we are here to help!
STATE TESTING 2023 INFORMATION
Districts and public charter schools must provide parents with the ODE-developed annual notice at the beginning of each school year. School districts and public charter schools must use the 30-day notice and opt-out form provided by ODE to communicate with all parents about state testing requirements and their right to opt-out for high school students by December 4, 2022 and for students in Grades 3-8 by February 4, 2023.
Forms for opting out of the state testing:
Seniors - Time to Order Graduation Caps & Gown
HROA Staff Highlight
Did you know that our very own Mandy Betz was recently inducted into the HRVHS Athletic Hall of Fame?! She was, for the two years that her high school ski team won state. Mandy has always said that she wishes HROA existed when she was in high school, because she would have taken full advantage of the flexibility so she could ski more! :) Mandy has been with HROA since day one, and was the original HROA secretary. Now she is the person to help register students, manage our financial books, and transcribe student grades! It's a big job and she does it with grace and humor. Thanks for all you do for HROA!
Middle School Enrichment
Sedimentary Rock Experiment
FRIDAYS 12:30 - 2:30pm
Nichols Boat Basin/Frog Beach
Future Enrichment Opportunities
Ceramics at HROA
11/18, 12/02, & 12/09
Ceramics and Clay Art
Where: The HROA building
November 18th & December 2nd and 9th
Times for different Grade Levels
- Kindergarten-3rd Grade 11:30-12:30
- 4th-7th Grade 12:30-1:30
- 8th- 12th grade 1:30-2:30
Learn to build with coils. Learn to attach two pieces of clay with score and slip
Create a trivet.
Advanced students will learn Puebla decorative techniques.
December 2nd & 9th
Build clay sculptures using slabs.
Beginner students will create a leaf pressing.
More advanced students will create an expressive mask.
Glaze your creations!
Pick up your glazed and fired projects the following week on Dec 15th or 16th
Swim Lessons! 1/06, 1/13, 1/20, & 1/27
Learn to swim or improve your swimming skills!
Groups will be formed based on your ability level.
Classes taught by Hood River Valley Park and Recreation Swim Instructors
When: January 6th, 13, 20, 27
Where: Hood River Pool
1610 May Street.
Different times for different age groups
K-3rd graders- | 1:00pm - 1:30pm
4-7th graders | 1:30pm - 2pm
8-12th graders | 2:00pm - 2:30pm
Waiting for a sibling who is in a lesson?
We will have an art activity set up in the party room.
Cheesecake ice tray popsicles/Helados de pastel de queso
8oz. Package of cream cheese softened/8 onzas de queso de crema ablandado
- Fruit of your choice/Fruta de tu elección
- Plain Greek yogurt/Yogur griego natural
- Ice tray/ Bandeja de hielo
Mix cream cheese until smooth and creamy
Add ½ cup yogurt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey and mix until well blended and creamy, set aside for later
Crumble 5-7 graham crackers and add 2 tablespoons of melted butter mix well
Press graham cracker crumbs into an ice tray about ¼ full, next fill with the yogurt mix, leaving a little room for fruit and nut topping of choice.
Put in the popsicle sticks and freeze overnight or until firm, and enjoy!
1. Mezcle el crema de queso hasta que quede suave
2. Agregue ½ taza de yogur, 1 cucharadita de vainilla, 1 cucharadita de jugo de limón, 2 cucharadas de miel, y mezcle hasta que esté bien mezclado y cremoso, reserve para más tarde
3. Desmenuce 5-7 galletas integrales y agregue 2 cucharadas de mantequilla derretida y mezcla bien
4. Presione las migas de la galleta en una bandeja de hielo hasta aproximadamente ¼ de su capacidad. Luego llénala con la mezcla de yogur, dejando un poco de espacio para la cobertura de fruta y nueces.
5. Coloque los palitos de paleta y congele durante la noche o hasta que estén firmes, y disfrute!
HROA Building Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm