OHES Paw Prints
Principal's Update - August, 2019
It's hard to believe that in a very short time school will be back in session. I hope that you found time this summer to enjoy being with family and appreciated the welcomed break that the summer season brings. The staff and I look forward to welcoming back returning students and brand new students to Orchard Hill Elementary School! Breaking open new packs of crayons, sharpening pencils, making student name tags and checking bus lists all add to the excitement of beginning a new school year. As an educator, I always look forward to my "new year" every September!
Kudos to our custodial staff who have been hard at work all summer preparing the school for September. Classrooms have been thoroughly cleaned and the floors are newly waxed. You will be impressed when you come to visit our school. It looks amazing!
Our Montgomery Elementary School PTA co-presidents for the upcoming year are Mrs. Sol Van der Heiden and Mrs. Jenna Huntley. They have been working hard with their team of volunteers to plan special events for the year and encourage you to get involved. They will make sure we have many Welcome Week volunteers to assist the children in finding their way to classrooms during the first days of school and we are grateful for their help. Our MES PTA is a great organization that supports many of our school-wide events. Click on the PTA link for more information on how you can get involved in our school.
New this year, we will be providing pre-printed bus tags for every student. When visiting our Open House on August 28 be sure to stop by the PTA welcome table to pick up your child's bus tag. All Preschool and Kindergarten students will receive bus tags from their child's teacher during the scheduled Open House on September 4th. Also new this year, we will have a bus chaperone riding the bus home with our K-2 students for the first five days of the year. These chaperones are district employees, mostly paraprofessionals with a few substitutes and teachers. They will assist the drivers with attendance as well as help the children find their seats and buckle up properly. We thank the Board of Education for their support and continued collaboration on this effort.
On Friday, 8/23, you will be able to access your child's placement for the school year through Parent Resources. We have worked diligently to place your child in the best possible setting. Please know that at this time we will not be able to accommodate any requests for classroom changes. Thank you for your understanding. Once in Parent Resources you will navigate to a welcome letter from your child's teacher. Also be sure to look at our Parent/Student handbook for more information about our school.
Student Placement Information :
1) Visit https://parents.mtsd.k12.nj.us
2) Enter your username, which is your email address, and your password. If you forget your password, use the "forgot my password" link. Your password will then be sent by email. If you are unable to log in or do not have an account, please contact Jaime Velez at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Click on documents and view the teacher's welcome letter
There will be steps to follow before you are able to view your child's placement. A letter was sent by Corie Gaylord, Director of Student Academic & Counseling Services with that information. To view the letter click here.
Assistant Principal, Mr. Van Hise, and I look forward to seeing everyone at our upcoming Open House events and Back-to-School Nights. Together we will make it a fantastic year!
Mrs. Scotti, Principal
Important Upcoming Events
OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE:
Grades 1 and 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon
Please park in the main lot under the solar panels. Volunteers from our PTA will welcome you at the main front entrance of the building. We are excited to have you visit the school and find your child's classroom. Be sure to get your Passport to Learning before beginning your tour. Also visit the PTA table to pick-up your child's bus tag for the new school year.
Preschool (all classes) 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
AM session 1:00 - 1:30
PM session 2:00 - 2:30
Please park in the main lot under the solar panels and walk the sidewalk in the front of the school to the west entrance of the building. PTA volunteers will welcome you at this entrance.
SCHOOL PICTURE DAYS - Bring Your Smile!
Thursday, October 3 and Friday, October 4.
You will be notified by your child’s teacher when your child's class is scheduled.
Parent Pick-Up Procedures
Student safety is a number one priority at our school. If you are picking up your child at dismissal please follow the process as outlined below:
● Parent Pickup is on the EAST SIDE ONLY beginning at 3:45 pm. For the safety of our students , adults picking up may be asked to produce identification at any time. We recommend carrying a photo ID at all times. Parents/Guardians should enter the East gym from the doors near the parking lot, sign out his/her child(ren) and then exit out the front door of the East wing.
● All students require a dated note with parent/guardian signature. If an adult who is not listed as an emergency contact in Genesis is to pick up the child(ren), then he/she must be named in the note and will be asked to produce identification upon pickup.
● Change in dismissal, after school activities, and parent pick up require a note from the parent or guardian. Please make sure to date all notes. Refer to our Parent-Student Handbook for more information.
● If signing out a child after 3:00 pm you must park in the main parking lot. Do not park in 10 minute spots or fire lane lanes. Do not park in front of the school as buses arrive during this time to prepare for dismissal.
The main entrance will be inaccessible for parent pick-up between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.
● If you need to make a change in your child’s dismissal plan during the day, please call the school at 609-466-7605 by 3:00 pm.
● If you send an email to your child’s teacher about a change in dismissal plans, it is important to still call the school at 609-466-7605 to inform the main office by 3:00 pm as teachers are unable to check email during instructional time.
Your assistance in following these guidelines will help us and help you, keep all children and visitors safe. Thank you for your cooperation!
Back-to-School Night Kindergarten and Preschool
Thursday, Sep. 12th, 6pm
Orchard Hill Elementary School
Back-to-School Night Grades 1 and 2
Tuesday, Sep. 17th, 6pm
Orchard Hill Elementary School
Follow Us on Twitter!
There are many exciting things happening everyday at OHES. We will share these special events and learning that happens on Twitter. Please follow us for updates happening at OHES on Twitter at @MONTYOHES.