From The Admin Team 2/3/2021
Bernice Kiker Elementary School
5-19 PTA's Love Your School Fundraiser
9 - Benchmark: In-person Writing (4th grade) and Science (5th grade)
10 - Benchmark: Remote Writing (4th) and Science (5th)
15 - No School for Students, Staff Development Day
26 - AISD Asynchronous Learning Day
1-12 - Map Growth Window - Reading and Math for Grades 3 - 5
5 - AISD Asynchronous Learning Day
15-19 - Spring Break
22 - April 2 - Map Growth Reading and Math for Kindergarten Only
2 - Staff Development / Student Holiday
5 - 30 CLI (Creative Learning Initiative) Engage Pre-K4 Assessment Window
9 - AISD Asynchronous Learning Day
12 - 23 - Map Growth Fluency Window for Kindergarten
10 - 21 End of Year Map Growth Window for Reading Math Grades K - 2
31 - No School / Memorial Day
3 - Last Day for Students
4 - Staff Day
Registration for 2021-2022 Has Begun
1) the information you enter drives our systems for data such as your email address, phone number, etc. Please double check that all items are up to date. Once you complete the registration process, it can'not be updated/corrected without sending an email or contacting the parent/family support hotline. This includes opting in or out of campus messages. We get many emails from families wondering why they are not receiving Kiker email blasts. This is based on preferences checked in the registration process.
2) Check the boxes carefully for permission to be in the yearbook or be photographed.
3) Registration in AISD is a multi-step process. AISD will conduct various phases including 'commitment cards,' online registration, and emails/surveys. All of these items affect our staffing allocations for next year. It is so important to our campus that we get everyone to complete online registration so we can keep and maintain our amazing staff!
4) Parents who are registering a new Pre-K or Kinder student will need to have the following documents on hand to upload.
- birth certificate
- immunization record
- current utility bill - electric, water, or gas
- lease or closing paperwork for your new home
- parent driver's license
Family Surveys Are Out
Student Climate Surveys will be Available for 3rd -5th Graders starting 2/10/2021
2020-2021 Austin ISD Student Climate Survey
The Austin ISD 2020–2021 Student Climate Survey is now available for review. Please use the links below to access a survey preview. Students in grades 3-11 will have access to the survey on February 10, 2021. Teachers will designate time for students to complete the survey beginning March 1.
Students are encouraged to participate so they can share input on the school experience. Survey results are used to improve services for our students. Participation is voluntary and all responses are confidential.
If you would like to opt out your child from participating in this survey, please click here. Please inform your child so they understand that they will not be able to access the survey. Note: Opt out requests must be made annually.If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Research & Evaluation at email@example.com.