GES Week In Review
Friday, August 19, 2022
GES Week In Review
The WIR will be sent out weekly during the school year. In the WIR you will find upcoming dates and information relevant to your child here at GES. Please review regularly to stay abreast of the exciting things happening at Gilbertsville Elementary School.
Important Upcoming Dates
August 21 GES HSA Sponsored Chalk the Walk 11AM-12:30 PM
August 22 1st Student Day
August 24 2nd and 4th Grade Back to School Nights
- 5:20-6:00 PM-4th Grade
- 6:05-6:45 PM-2nd Grade
August 25 3rd and 5th Grade Back to School Nights
- 5:20-6:00 PM-3rd Grade
- 6:05-6:45 PM-5th Grade
September 2 No School Offices Open
September 5 Labor Day-No School
September 12 Recognition of Patriot Day (September 11)-Wear Red, White, and Blue to school
September 12 HSA Meeting, GES Library 7:00 PM
September 13 Picture Day
September 13 School Board Meeting at GES
September 16 Gold Out-Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month
September 21 Early Dismissal
1st HSA Meeting - September 12th!
Hey everyone! Our 1st HSA meeting is just around the corner and we are so excited to see as many of you as possible! We are exploring a babysitting option for those that would otherwise be unable to make it due to child care conflicts. Please see the google form below, to help us gauge at how many of you would be able to attend our meeting and if you would need to utilize our babysitting option so we are able to plan accordingly! Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing all of our new and returning parents!
Welcome Back to the 2022-2023 School Year!
Dear GES Families,
We have been working hard to prepare for the 2022-2023 school year. Our goal at Gilbertsville is to provide a welcoming environment where all students feel accepted, appreciated, and supported. Listed below are some reminders about the first day of school.
- The first day of school for students is Monday, August 22, 2022.
- Grade 1-5 Hours: 8:45am-3:25pm.
- Kindergarten Hours: AM Session 8:45 a.m.-11:25 a.m. and the PM Session is 12:45-3:25 PM
- Parent drop-off begins at 8:25 am and Parent Pick-up starts at 3:25 pm.
- Our doors do not open until 8:25 AM. Students may not be dropped prior to that time as there is no supervision.
- We will be utilizing the same procedures for parent pick up and drop off as we did last year. All parents utilizing parent pick-up should complete the google form indicating who may pick up their child. If you are picking up your child at the end of the school day, please do not arrive prior to 3:15 pm due to our students being on the playground and traffic backing up onto Congo Road. Students will not be released until 3:25 pm. More information regarding parent pick-up is listed below.
- Students are welcome to bring a snack each day. In addition to our water filling stations, water fountains will be open this year.
- Transportation for all students will be posted in Infinite Campus.
We are looking forward to having a great school year with your children. Enjoy your final moments of summer
Mrs. Stephanie Petri, Principal
1st Day of School Paperwork
New for the 2022-2023 school year, we are providing parents/guardians and students with a digital
backpack containing all of the forms distributed to students on their first day of school.
Please Click Here to access these forms.
Parent Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures
Click here to complete the Parent Pick Up Dismissal Form
Click here for a pdf version of Parent Drop-off and Pick-Up Maps and Procedures
Parent Drop Off Map
Parent Pick Up Map
Reporting an absence: If your child is not feeling well and cannot attend school, please email attendance at AttendanceGES@boyertownasd.org, or use the link below to inform the school that your child will not be present due to an illness, or appointment. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvtpG7SKITdNqliElSWvB9u4el72hJiIntaN9LFeyTuq8TnQ/viewform
Educational Trip: Parents/Guardians must complete an Educational Trip Form 2 days prior to your child's absence. **Please note that failure to submit a trip form prior to departure will result in trip days being counted as an unlawful absence.
Gilbertsville Home and School Association (GES HSA)
Mark your calendar for our GES HSA Meetings. All meetings will be held in the library at 7:00 PM
- September 12
- October 3
- January 9
- March 6
- May 1
The HSA has a new email address Gilbertsvilleelementaryhsa@gmail.com