A RIDE OF HARYANA.....
BY ANJALI NARENDER KUMAR
- Teej : It falls in the holy month of savan. On this holy festival girls and ladies observe fast. Many sweets specially Ghewar is prepared and distributed. This is one of the main festival celebrated in haryana.
- Gugga Naumi : This is a festival that is unique to haryana. Gugga Naumi is a religious festival , which is connected to snake worship.It is observed in the month of August-September.
- Surajkund : Surajkund is basically a fair of art and craft held in surajkund. Surajkund is at a distance of 20 km from Delhi.It is one of the most popular art and craft fair held in the region.
- Diwali : Diwali is a festival which is not only celebrated in haryana but mainly in every region of india. It is said that on this day lord Rama returned to Ayodhya after defeating Ravana. The people of Ayodhya lighted diyas and candles in thier home and bursted crackers for celebrating the return of lord Rama. From that day Diwali is celebrated in india.
- Holi : Holi is a festival that is celebrated in the month of march .Holi is celebrated all over india with a joy and happiness . holi is celebrated with colours and water . the reson behind celebrating this festival is the defeat of badness by truth and goodness.
CUISINE OF HARYANA....
Cuisine of haryana is traditional and pure as no artificial flavour is added to it.Haryana is rich in cattle population due to which milk products are common.Popular preparations of haryana are kadhi pakora , Besan masala roti , Bajra aloo roti , Churma , Kheer , Bathua raita , Methi raita , singri ki sabzi and tamatar chutney . Haryana is known for its Dhabas where traditional food is served . Lassi and Sharbat are traditional drinks of haryana.