Middle School Weekly Wrap Up
November 21, 2018
As Thanksgiving approaches, we wanted to share the amazing responses we got from our middle school students about what they are “thankful” for at Agora…aka their favorite thing about Agora and their favorite teacher(s). As of today, we had 264+ students participate in the survey, which was part of our quarterly MS counseling newsletter. I’m sure as you read through the responses, you will feel Agora proud, just like we did!
Amy, Fallon & Lauren
Human Resources: Open Enrollment
As you know, Open Enrollment for full time employees for 1/1/19 will be from 11/19/18 – 11/30/18.
- Attached please find the 2019 Employee Benefits Enrollment Guide. This will be posted in the MyEnroll library for reference as well.
- Please remember that this Open Enrollment will be an “Active” enrollment. An Active enrollment means that everyone will need to go into the MyEnroll system to elect or waive their benefits for 1/1/19. The MyEnroll system will show you what elections you currently have. You can use this as a guide as you go through each benefit to make your elections. We feel it is important for everyone to go through all of their benefits to make sure that their elections and beneficiary information reflects what coverages they need for themselves and their families.
If you do not log into the MyEnroll system and make your elections for 1/1/19, you will have no benefits (except core Life, AD&D, LTD and STD) for 1/1/19.
- Enrollments need to be made at www.MyEnroll.com. You should have received an email from MyEnroll that provides you with additional information on Open Enrollment. If you have not yet received it, please let us know and we will forward you a copy of the announcement.
- Our insurance coordinates your coverage with other benefits that you may have such as those through your spouse or partner. As you go through the open enrollment process, you will notice a box asking if you have coverage elsewhere. Please be sure to complete this box as you complete your open enrollment process.
- Please be sure to go through each section of the enrollment process on MyEnroll clicking on the “save and next” button in each section. You’ll see green arrows next to each of the sections you have completed. On the Electronic Signature page, you’ll be able to print out a statement of your elections. You will need to click on “accept” and “finalize” in order to save your elections and have them submitted.
Parent, Student, Teacher Conferences:
These conferences really help to keep parents and students informed about progress, grades and what they need to be successful. If you were not able to reach a family, please send an email update to any failing student so there is documentation alerting the student and parent as to the reason why they are failing. It is additional evidence that we have attempted to contact the parent not only via phone, Collaborate and now with email.
Thursday, November 29: Principal out for leadership meeting all day
Monday, December 3: MS Staff Meeting @ 3:00 PM
Monday, December 10: MS Staff PD @ 3:00 PM
Thursday, December 20: All School PD
Friday, December 21: All School PD