Bridges is Coming to Milton!
A Community Service Project to Help the Homeless
Our Special Event is Coming Soon to MAS
Every month the students devote themselves to learning about different character traits and the reasons why they are important. As a goal for February, we believe it would be a meaningful experience for the students and staff of MAS to put some of the things we have been learning into action by coordinating a school wide service project that will benefit people in our surrounding communities.
We have decided to partner with Bridges, a volunteer outreach organization that helps the homeless. Founded in 1988, Bridges reaches out to the homeless in NYC, Newark, Irvington, and Summit, NJ. Over 2,000 volunteers deliver meals, seasonal clothing, and necessities without question and with respect.
Sustainable Brown Bag Lunch
Bridges delivers 65,000 lunches every year. Our school goal is to have enough donated items so that every student and staff member can assemble a brown bag lunch that will then be delivered to Bridges to give to those in need.
From 2/1-2/26, we will be collecting the following items for this project:
- Kindergarten/PreK - Nuts, trailmix,goldfish or pretzels
- First Grade - Fruit cup or unsweetened applesauce with spoon
- Second Grade -Nutri-grain-type fruit & cereal bar
- Third Grade - Water (6 or 8 oz. bottle)
- Our PTO is generously helping with the cost of the Sustainable main item: chicken or tuna salad with crackers, which is needed to complete the lunches
Sustainable Brown Bag Lunch Service Project
What to do: send us one or more of the needed items from the list above
Where: Milton Avenue School
Our goal is to have enough donated items so that every student and staff member can assemble a lunch to be donated!