Basic info on 9/11
Who, what, when, where, why, and how
- who: 9/11 was started by an Islamic extremist group; over 3,000 people were killed.
- what: Two planes crashed into towers of the World Trade Center. A third plane hit the Pentagon right outside of Washington D.C.
- when: This tragic event took place on the 11th of September in 2001.
- where: Took place in New York City and Washington D.C
- why: Al Qaeda wants to expel Americans and drive out the U.S. from Muslim lands
- how: Four passengers were hijacked by 19 Al Qaeda terrorists to be flown into buildings in suicide attacks.
Perspective on 9/11
Federal investigators have figured out that little is done in order to check the background information on airline employees. Terrorist attacks of a few years before have brought more costly security scans to carry out any passengers who may be a threat or could possibly having dangerous weapons in their possession. Over time, after the attack took place, the requests for better security have not been fulfilled.
Critical Perspective- Historical
Before 9/11, security wasn't as important as it should be today. Our airlines didn't provide the best security checks. Our country didn't put as much effort to defend against terrorist attacks as they do now.