is malaria treatable? can it be prevented? find out!
Malaria is spread through mosquitos.
This is where Malaria is most common in, followed by India.
Pregnant Woman/Small Child
This is who malaria most affects.
Is Malaria Treatable?
How Is Malaria Treated?
What Are The Specific Medicines To Cure Malaria?
- Chloroquine (Aralen)
- Quinine sulfate (Qualaquin)
- Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
- Combination of atovaquone and proguanil (Malarone)
Is There A Vaccine To Prevent Malaria?
antigens: a toxin or other foreign substance that induces an immune response in the body
acquired: buy or obtain (an object or asset) for oneself.
Can You Prevent Malaria?
- Awareness of risk – find out whether you're at risk of getting malaria
- Bite prevention – avoid mosquito bites by using insect repellent, covering your arms and legs, and using a mosquito net
- Check whether you need to take malaria prevention tablets – if you do, make sure you take the right antimalarial tablets at the right dose, and finish the course
- Diagnosis – seek immediate medical advice if you have malaria symptoms, including up to a year after you return from traveling
Can Anyone Be Treated For Malaria?
treatment for malaria depends on many different things:
the type of parasite (species)
the area where the infection was acquired
the infections drug-resistance status
clinical status of the patient (what kind of health they are in)
any additional illness or condition
any drug allergies or medications taken by patient
What Is The Objective Of Treatment?
*Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 21 Oct. 2015. Web. 9 Dec. 2015.
*"Malaria." World Health Organization. Web. 9 Dec. 2015.