Peek at the Week
March 5-9, 2018
The Long Stretch
Teacher and Employee of the Year
We will celebrate our Teacher of the Year and Employees of the Year at our faculty meeting on Tuesday, March 13th!
The Week Ahead
- 8:15 School Improvement Council Meeting
- Time for Kids Kickoff in CLASSROOMS - No assembly for this. Please use this link to watch the video which explains the process... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvrMtHYzCKI&sns=em For more info - see Mrs. Maness.
- Committee Meetings begin at 3:00. See attached Committee List. The LIFT committee will not meet, but will join the other meetings as indicated on the updated list. The Related Arts team will also meet. I will have an agenda for each of the team chairs.
- Meeting Locations are:
- Leadership Committee - PD Room
- Math Committee - Upstairs classroom C205
- Literacy Committee - Learning Commons
- Related Arts Team - Art Room
- 9:00 Tornado Drill
- 8:15 PTO Board Meeting
- Spring Pictures in auditorium - See Donna's schedule
- 8:15 Author's Cafe
- 1:30 Talent Show - bring students ready for dismissal - So.. Much.. Fun!
March 15: 5K Registration
March 16: PD Day - Google Summitt for 5K-5th grades, Parent Conferences for 4K
March 19-20: AdvancED Visits - please be here!
We are continuing to work as a school team and with the district office on various way to increase the security procedures at our school. We hear your concerns and plan to take a deeper look during our summer planning days. Continue to communicate any ideas or concerns you have by emailing Mr. Cobbs or me.
As I discussed with a few teachers last week, I'd like to have a school-wide Safety Week similar to how we do Red Ribbon each year. If you're interested in being part of a safety team that works on this, let me know.
Statewide Tornado Drill
As required by the state, we will conduct a tornado drill this Wednesday, March 7th at 9:00 am. Please review the severe weather procedures in your Emergency Handbook on pages 37-38. Remember, all classrooms upstairs should relocated to their designated areas on the first floor. Please contact Mr. Cobbs prior to Wednesday if you have any questions about this upcoming drill. Thank you!
- additional walkie talkies
- sets of student headphones with an attached microphone
- new operating system for the electronic sign
- money for our One School, One Book order for next year
- money for resources (to be determined)
- math software for students (to be determined)
- additional elementary teacher (adding section to 5th grade)
There are more items that will benefit our school, but are still in negotiations and planning. More info later. Some items will be discussed in our committee meetings this week.