Too Good To Waste (Compost)
Nevaeh Wiliams ,Carlos Gonzales
The Benefits of Composting
When you compost it...
- helps reduce Garbage in Landfills
- Helps stop polltion
- Helps stop global warming >SAVE THOSE POLAR BEAR<
- You have to have "greens"
- You have to have "browns"
- You need water
- Need a compost bin
What are 'Greens'
- Apple Cores
- Any Type of Fruit
What Are 'Browns'
- old stems
- dead pine needless
Why we need WATER?
We need water because if it stays to dry it takes a long time to turn into compost so you need to keep it about the consistency of a moist sponge .
A decomposers is a living thing that breaks down the remains of other living things.
Temperature changes in compost
140`f so it goes from around room temperature to that temp....
Things to Avoid
Product Of Composting
The result will be good for the plants and healthier for them........
It also creates a better world free of pollution.
- It normal Takes about a month for it to decompose
- Your Plants Can grow faster
- Fallen leaves make mulch that protects the soil under.