Kendall Connection Newsletter
2019-2020 - Newsletter Week Feb. 10-13
- Author's Visit- We are excited to welcome Michael Finklea as a featured Author's visit this Monday, Feb. 10! Students will have the opportunity to purchase books, meet the author, and get autographs after the presentations!- February 10, 2020 • PK-2 8:15 AM • 3-5 9:15 AM in the KES cafeteria. Please see the attached flyers for information on purchasing books.
- Library Newsletter- We will begin featuring library newsletters to share what is happening with Mrs. Griffin. Please see her newsletter below! Amazing things are happening in the KES library!
- HOLIDAY reminder- February 14 and 17 will be student holidays. Enjoy the long weekend!
- Imagine Math- Boerne ISD is hosting an informational meeting regarding Imagine Math and how parents can help support students using it. Imagine Math is a web based learning system for our students that combines live teacher support, unique student motivation, and engaging adaptive instruction that is proven to help students learn— and love—math! The informational meetings will be held on Feb. 13 from 6:00-7:00 or Feb. 25 from 6:15-7:15 at the BISD Central Office rooms C134/ C135. Please see the attached flyer below for more information.
- Rising Charger Night- All incoming 6th graders (current 5th graders) zoned for BMSS are welcome! February 25, 2020 from 6:00-7:30. (See Flyer below) 6:00-6:30- BMSS cafeteria -A day in the life of a BMSS Charger introduction, Counselor information session on schedules 6:30-7:30- BMSS Gym- Electives/ Club Fair and Guided self-tour of the building.
- Kindergarten 20-21 Dual Language Information- There will be informational parent meetings on March 3 and 4 for any parent interested in having their child as a Kindergarten student in Dual Language for the 20-21 school year. Please see the attached flyers at the bottom of the newsletter for more information.
- Kids Heart Challenge- Our campus is participating in the Kids Heart Challenge until Feb. 18. Please check out the information that was sent home or Download the Kids Heart Challenge app or visit www.heart.org/kidsheartchallenge and register.
- Boerne Education Foundation Rock-On- Join us for Boerne Education Foundation's largest fundraiser of the year...Rock On! -Rock On - Denim & Diamonds-Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 7:00 pm. at the Kendall County Youth Agriculture & Equestrian Center. Dinner by Don Strange of Texas, live auction, silent auction, raise the paddle campaign & music by Satellite. We will be announcing the Boerne ISD Teacher of the Year! The funds raised by the Boerne Education Foundation benefit every student, every teacher and every school in Boerne ISD. You can reserve your table now, by visiting http://www.boerneeducationfoundation.org/rock-on-denim-and-diamonds/ Thank you for supporting student success in Boerne ISD!
- Lost and Found-The Lost and Found is overflowing and your child's stuff misses them! Please stop by and look through if missing jackets or lunchboxes.
News from the Kendall PTO
Please join us at these upcoming events!
Save the Date for our next PTO Meeting - Tuesday, February 11th at 9:30 a.m. in the cafeteria.
Doing good with good food! PTO Dine Out night- Tuesday, February 11- Chili's restaurant in Boerne will donate 15% of its sales back to KES PTO when you dine from 4:00-10:00. (Chili's address: 601 W. Bandera Road, Boerne)
- Science Fair is coming up! The KES PTO 10th annual science fair will be held on Monday, March 2nd. Science fair registration forms were sent home this week. If you need a science fair packet or more information go to kespto.org. We are also in need of volunteers the night of the science fair, please email email@example.com if you can help.
Upcoming Calendar Events
Feb. 10- Author's Visit- Micheal Finklea
Feb. 11- PTO Meeting- 9:30- KES Cafeteria
Feb. 11- PTO Dine Out- 4:00-10:00- Chili's Restaurant
Feb. 13- End of the 6 week grading
Feb. 17- HOLIDAY
Feb. 18- Kinder and 1st Progress reports go home
Feb. 19- Progress Reports available in Skyward- Grades 2-5
Feb. 20- K-2 Talent Show rehearsal
Feb. 21- K-2 Talent Show
Mar. 6- Fine Arts Festival
Mar. 7-15- Spring Break
Kids Heart Challenge UPDATE
Hey, Kendall Elementary School –
Kids Heart Challenge is going great! So far, we’ve raised $6,840 toward our big goal of $13,000. This week Team Heart is in the lead!
We have some fun celebrations planned for when we reach our goal. If we hit our $13,000 goal, we will have a DANCE PARTY in PE!
Want to be a SUPER Heart Hero? Earn the exclusive Finn’s Challenge Badge! Take all 10 Missions on your website’s headquarters or from your app and get a BONUS badge for your powerband!
Student Health Challenges taken:
- 22 students pledged to be prepared
- 46 took the challenge to be active and move more
- 63 pledged to help others and be kind
Pro Tip: Social Sharing is the easiest way to reach a lot of people! Have your student make a quick video telling friends and family that someone in America has a heart attack every 40 seconds. Then, set a goal of getting 40 donations on their page to make a huge impact! Visit www.heart.org/KHC to get started or download the FREE app!
Conversation Prompt: This week’s featured challenge is Be Kind. How are they being kind when they share their page and raise funds for the American Heart Association? (every time the link is clicked, someone has an opportunity to access resources to help them get healthier – and to make a donation and save a life.) Who doesn’t feel good about that?!
Great News: Did you know that 1 in 110 babies are born with a congenital heart defect? Meet Laney – a super cute baby who is thriving now because of research funded by the Kids Heart Challenge program!