January 9, 2023
Welcome from Mrs. Tanner
Dear Sheldon Families,
Happy New Year! We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends. We were excited to welcome students back last week and are quickly jumping back into routines, procedures, and learning activities.
Families of OT students, the car line is a RIGHT TURN ONLY out of our parking lot. DO NOT BLOCK intersections or driveways!
Click the link to access the 2022-2023 Family Handbook.
As always, if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to me!
Thank you for the privilege of serving you ~
Mrs. Gabrielle Tanner, Principal
Items That Need Your Attention
IMPORTANT!!!!! Car Line Request
IMPORTANT!!!!! Bus Change Request Form
Transportation Changes Coming in January
Please note: You may NOT follow the bus to retrieve your child at a stop other than the one assigned to them.
Receiving School Messages
When I send messages to all families, such as this weekly newsletter, delayed buses, event reminders, etc., I send those via email and text. If you have not been receiving them via text, it could be that you have not yet opted in to that service. If you would like to begin receiving messages this way, text "YES" to 86088.
Have you had a positive experience at Sheldon? We would love for that to be highlighted on the website! Please take 1 minute to visit GreatSchools.org, search for Sheldon Child Development, click on the Review icon, and share what you love about our program!
Sheldon Shirt Days
Time to Eat!
Policy & Procedure Review
Age & Income Eligibility
Each week the Sheldon staff reviews one of our Head Start Policies & Procedures and felt it was important that families stay up to date on these as well. This quarter our focus is on Family Service & Parent Involvement. If you ever have any questions regarding our policies and procedures, please reach out!
Age and Income Eligibility
Program eligibility is based on age of children, family income & special needs. This policy relates to Head Start Performance Standards 45 CFR Part 1302.12
1. To be eligible for Head Start services, a child must be at least three years old by the date used to determine eligibility for public school, which is August 31st.
2. Birth certificates will be used to verify that a child will be three by August 31st for enrollment purposes. If a parent cannot produce a birth certificate, other documentation will be temporarily accepted. Other forms of age documentation that will be temporarily acceptable are:
- Immunization Card
- Medical Card
- Hospital Certificate
- Community Based Services list (TANF List)
- Documentation from appropriate agencies who have previously verified a child’s age 3.
3. An income eligible child is any child whose family has an annual income before taxes that is equal to, or less than, the poverty guideline or any child whose family is eligible for public assistance.
4. Head Start enrollment must adhere to the following income guidelines: 55% of enrolled children must be from families whose income does not exceed 100% of the low-income guidelines. 35% can be children from families whose income falls within the 101%-130% range of the low-income guidelines. Up to 10% of the children who are enrolled in the program may be children from families whose income exceeds the 130% range of the low-income guidelines but who meet criteria the program has established for selecting such children and who could benefit from Head Start.
5. The family income is verified by the program before determining a child is eligible to participate in the program. Verification includes examination of any of the following:
Individual Income Tax Form 1040
- W-2 forms
- Pay stubs
- Pay envelopes
- Written statements from employers
- Documentation showing current status as recipients of public assistance/SSI
- Low Income Interview
- Homeless Interview
Home Depot Workshops
Workshops take place the first Saturday of each month from 9:00-12:00.
February 5: Valentine's Photo Box
Please be sure to review both the COVID Update and the information on the Parent Resources page for the latest information from the CDC. Masks are encouraged, but not required. We will maintain strict sanitation protocols.
Sheldon Food & Clothing Bank
Community Resources Council Directory
If in need of resources, you can also contact the United Way by dialing 211.
Sheldon Head Start Child Development Center
Location: 1155 SW Seabrook Ave.