TEAM KNIGHT...ALL IN!
Our School Vision
Knight Vision: To share in the commitment of rigorous and high-quality instruction to meet the needs of every child.
Our 2022-23 school theme "TEAM KNIGHT...ALL IN!" is directly aligned with our continued vision and instructional expectations for Knight: to share in the commitment of rigorous and high-quality instruction to meet the needs of every child.
Knight Mission: To provide a positive, stimulating, and secure environment that empowers the individual to grow socially, emotionally, and intellectually in order to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Knight Belief: We believe all kids can learn…
…and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve. It is our job to create an environment in our classrooms that engages students in academic work that results in a high level of achievement. We are confident that with our support and help, students can master challenging curricula, and we expect them to do so. We are prepared to work collaboratively with colleagues, students, and parents to achieve this shared educational purpose (DuFour, 1997a).
Hello, Knight Family!
Happy November! It was wonderful to see many of you last month during Early Release Parent-Teacher Conferences. This is always such a valuable time for you to talk with the teacher to see how your child is progressing both academically and socially. I am confident you found this time beneficial. Early Release conferences are held twice a year. The next early release days will be held on March 1-2, 2023. Also, the parent portal is a great way for you to stay informed about your child’s academic progress 24 hours a day/7 days a week. You can monitor student assignments and assessments if you have a child in grades 1st – 5th.
We had a great turnout at International Knight! Families enjoyed "a taste of Knight" and an opportunity to learn more about our school cultures. Thank you, PTA, for a wonderful family fun night!
If there is anything I can do to support you, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 770-921-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Proud Principal,
Dr. Toni Ferguson
Knight Elementary School
BOX OF LOVE
We are excited to announce that the 5th annual BOX OF LOVE initiative has officially begun!
Our goal is to help make the holidays easier for families in the Knight Elementary community. Last year your generosity was overwhelming. We were able to help close to 50 families at Thanksgiving AND again at Christmas! With your help, we are hoping to repeat our efforts!!!
ALL the information and details are provided in the Sign Up Genius. If you are interested in donating, please click on the Sign-Up Genius.
If you would like to just donate the cost of the box, our Box of Love team is happy to do the shopping for you.
Thank you in advance! We are truly looking forward to helping our awesome students and their families during the holiday season!
~Heather Cox (Support Teacher) and Allison Dallas (Parent Outreach Liaison)
- College Awareness Day
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center
- Progress Reports Go Home
- Mock Election Day
- Election Day / Digital Learning Day #2
- Veterans Day Celebration 9 AM
- Principal for Day, Tyeme Woods, Visits Knight
- KK Field Trip to the Georgia Aquarium
Thursday, November 17
- KDG Field Trip to Yellow River Wildlife Sanctuary
- House Color Day
- School Council 7:30 AM
- Thanksgiving Break
- Winterfest 1 PM - 4 PM
- House Color Day
- Winter Break
Veterans Day Celebration
When – Friday, November 11
Where – In front of the school
Time – Approximately 9 AM
*Students are invited to wear red, white, and blue.
*Knight family veterans, please join us so that we can celebrate you!
*In the event of rain, students will remain in their classroom and the program will be televised closed circuit starting at 9 am.
Winterfest is Back-Saturday, December 3!
Winterfest is back!
Please join us on Saturday, December 3 from 12 PM - 3 PM for a fun afternoon of activities, food, and raffles! There are also opportunities for holiday shopping!
If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up below:
Transportation - important reminders!
- Students will begin entering at 8:20 am.
- Drop off ends promptly at 8:50 am.
- Students arriving after 8:50 am will need to be checked in at the front desk by a parent/guardian.
- Morning announcements will begin at 8:50 am.
- Buses will unload at 8:20 am.
- Students will enter the building beginning at 8:20 am.
VISITORS TO THE SCHOOL
- Please contact the Parent Center from 9:00am - 3:00pm at 770-806-3887 if you are interested in volunteering.
- Students will be released starting at 3:20 pm.
- Pick up ends promptly at 3:50 pm.
- Students not picked up after 3:50 pm will need to be checked out at the front desk by a parent/guardian with a photo ID.
- Buses will load at staggered times based upon their arrival.
- Students will be released starting at 3:20 pm.
CHANGE OF TRANSPORTATION: If your child needs a temporary alternate transportation route for the afternoon, please call the front office prior to 10 AM.
PARENT LUNCH VISITATION
- Parents/families are welcome to enjoy lunch with their child(ren).
- After checking in the office with an ID and securing a visitor badge, parents/families will meet their child(ren) at the entrance to the cafeteria.
- Please allow your child to follow his/her normal routine in the cafeteria line. Feel free to bring a lunch with you or to purchase lunch at the salad/potato bar ($3.75).
- Parents/families will utilize the bistro tables in the hallway outside the cafeteria.
- When leaving the cafeteria parents should not escort students back to the classroom. Parents must sign out before leaving.
Last month, I shared that a vestibule is being constructed in our front lobby. The district is creating an interior vestibule in every school in Gwinnett as an additional security measure. Visitors to the school will be buzzed in with our video system and will then be allowed to enter the vestibule. Your ID will then be checked, and once you are cleared you will be able to enter the building. More information will be shared once construction starts.
GCPS schools have established reasonable and precautionary practices within the school to minimize the risk of infection and/or spread of COVID-19 and Monkeypox.
Guidance is subject to change based on updated recommendations from CDC/Department of Public Health and will be communicated to local school Health Response Team members.
- Provide opportunities for regular handwashing.
- Implement the custodial schedule/processes to clean high-touch areas during the school day.
- Clearly communicate and follow COVID-19/Monkeypox criteria for return to work/school in consultation with county nurses.
- As of August 18th, masks are strongly recommended, but optional for staff in all GCPS facilities. In addition, mask coverings are OPTIONAL for students and visitors.
Action Items for School Plan
- Ensure each common area and classroom will have hand sanitizer available for use.
- Continue to provide ample time for restroom and handwashing opportunities.
- A custodial schedule is being utilized to ensure cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the school day.
*Protocols for reporting COVID-19/Monkeypox contact exposure will be followed and reported immediately to administrators/district health officials. Please see additional information regarding Monkeypox procedures and CDC Guidelines from GCPS.
* In addition, if you or anyone in your home is sick and has tested positive for COVID-19/Monkeypox, please contact our clinic coordinator, Majonna Garcia, immediately.
Knight PTA News!
Please join PTA this year!
Knight PTA's ultimate goal is to benefit our children and support their learning experience. Membership is an opportunity to connect with other parents and to support our school. Our goal is one membership for each student. Membership is only $5 per person! Please join at:
Membership is $5 per individual adult (not per household or per student as GA PTA does not allow household memberships).
Thank you for supporting PTA!
Knight Elementary (KES) PTA Officers for the 2022-23 school year!
Co-President ~ Vanessa Estremadoyro
Co-President ~ Jocabed Montoya
Vice President ~ Kelly Morgan
Secretary ~ Denise Carter
Treasurer ~ Cherie Peck
If you are interested in volunteering to help support KES PTA and Knight Elementary, please send an email to email@example.com.
Need More Help?
Please feel free to contact Allison Morant Dallas, firstname.lastname@example.org , or Kelli Sheffield, email@example.com , in our Parent Center. You can also reach them by phone from 9:00am - 3:00pm at 770-806-3887.
Please visit the Knight website often for information and updates at KnightESHomepage. Thank you for your generosity and support as we continue to ensure learning for all students at Knight Elementary!