Globalization & Geography
By: Ethan Leger (Unit One Summative)
6 Word Memoir: People work better together than apart
Globalization has to do with people being integrated and working together.
Some examples of how Geography impacts where, how, and why people live where they do. . .
Globalization Is. . .
The Pros & Cons of Globalization
- Clearing Wooded Areas to Make Buildings Which Creates Jobs (Environmental)
- Buying and Selling Online Has Become More User Friendly (Technology)
- Outsourcing Jobs Makes Us Companies More Money (Economics)
- Giving Other Countries Jobs to Help Them Out of Poverty (Culture)
- Global Warming/Pollution Levels Constantly Rising (Environmental)
- Technology Could Grow at a Faster Rate Than Controllable (Technology)
- Stock Markets Crashing In Different Countries (China Recently) (Economics)
- 9/11 Happening Because Thoughts of 1 Race/God Superior (Culture)
Journey With A Nike Shoe
Start to Finish of the Shoe Route
Here is a problem created by my product in the Environment. . .
Here is a problem created by my product with Technology. . .
Here is a problem created by my product with Culture. . .
Here is a problem created by my product with Economics. . .
Deeper Solution to Environmental Problem
How Globalization Relates To Me. . .
Culture: Even though the United States is an American (English) based country you will still find people from other cultures and religions. This is normal to see and it just goes to show how people come together no matter what religion they are or where they come from to form a society where everyone is equal.
Environment: I don't have a car from a different country so for instance if my gather owned a McLaren made in the United Kingdom then that would have a big effect on our environment especially with rising carbon emissions that would pollute the air and make the United States air quality very poor.
Economics: I buy clothes all the time but you wouldn't think of anything if you were buying clothes from a company that was started in the United States. Actually if you look on your clothes tag you will see one place "Made In . . ." There might only be one country on that tag but that item of clothing has been processed and worked on in several different countries.
Technology: The smart phone you carry around all day might have its head quarters in the United States but actually Iphone's are made in China and Samsung's are made in South Korea and the head quarters is in South Korea! Which goes to show not even some of our every day use devices are made in the United States.