ORE Monday Notes
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to the best of the best! From deep in my heart, please know how honored I am to work with you and how much I appreciate you every single day!
- Interim Reports go home with all students on Wednesday. Please continue to be consistent with your grade level in using the same format as each other.
- Please send envelopes that are marked "Parent Input Form" to the main office (without opening them, please).
- Student Council will meet on Thursday.
- Friday our Teacher Assistants will have their quarterly luncheon and will not be covering lunch duty.
- Friday is AR Handprint Day and also Art by Me is due.
- The Teacher Window for EVAAS Rosters is currently open. The window will close on May 20th.
- Please read the final chapter in Causes and Cures for our final Book Study meeting on May 17th.
There is a Staff Meeting on Tuesday. Please look for an email tomorrow morning regarding who needs to attend.
Thanks to all teachers for showering our Teacher Assistants with love through their assistance with Car Rider Duty this week! Oak Ridge is full of the best people working together!
Mrs. Locklear, 5th grade teacher extraordinaire, has shared that she will not be returning to Oak Ridge next year (if you could see me right now - as I write this - you would see a very, very sad face). We, of course, wish Mrs. Locklear the absolute very best as she teaches 2nd grade in a private school next year. She will be so wonderful and we are happy for her but we are going to miss her dearly! We have hired a wonderful replacement but we all know how hard those shoes are going to be to fill. Mr. Phillip Isley will be joining us at Oak Ridge next year. He is currently a third grade teacher at Guilford Elementary. I look forward to you meeting and getting to know him soon. I also wanted to share that our new ELA AG teacher for next year has been hired. She coincidentally is also joining us from Guilford Elementary. Her name is Heather Tuggle and Oak Ridge is blessed to have her join our staff. She is an experienced AG teacher and you are going to fall in love with her :)!
Summer School/Camp Update
We will have 12 summer school/camp classrooms in our building along with Mrs. Debbie Fox who will be the Front Office Support for Summer Camp and the Site Coordinator/Administrator, Mrs. Shannon Lewis. We will use all classrooms and support rooms on the 2/3 hallway to host Summer Camp. The teachers will not need access to any of your supplies or materials as their materials will be provided by the district. Our 12 teachers will be: Beth Allen, Sarah Dobbins, Nina Fuller, Phillip Isley, and Mari Snipes all from Oak Ridge. From other schools we will have Barbara Campbell, Crystal Charles, Stephanie Helsabeck, Vicki Herndon, Pamela Hicks, Evie Randolph, and Kelly Thompson-White. Summer School will be in session from June 20-July 11 and will run Monday-Thursday from 7:30-3:00.