Recovering Deleted Files
How do I get my files back?
Know the file name?
To optimize the speed which that Recuva finds your files, if you know the name of the file you're looking for then you can do a specific search for that name or even part of the name of the file you're trying to recover.
- Start Recuva in Advanced mode. If the Wizard appears, select Do Not Show This Wizard on Startup and then click Cancel.
- In Recuva's main window, type all or part of the file name into the Filename or path box. Select the location you want to search from the drop-down box at left, and then click Scan.
- Recuva displays the progress of the scan, and then shows its search results in the main window. If the file(s) you're looking for aren't in the list, see below.
- the colours next to the boxes represents the chances that you will make a successful recovery on the file. Red meaning unlikely, amber meaning acceptable and green meaning very likely.
- Click the Recover button. Select a destination for the recovered files and then Click OK.
If you did not locate your files using the previous method then select the Deep Scan from the Options box in the Actions tab. Once selected re-scan for your file.
Note: This will take a reasonably longer amount of time