Meet Your White Hill School Library
Always a warm, welcoming place for students.
We're off to a fresh start with a new library catalog system, stack loads of new books and new approach to learning with the Common Core Standards.
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help student’s enjoy the stories even more.
- We be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add 100 or more new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- We have two school-wide reading incentive programs and lots of year round contests.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We’d love to have you.
Our staff is ready and excited about this coming year and is committed to making the library your child’s favorite place in the school!
We are open to serve our student and teacher body.
Library Hours: Open Monday through Friday 7:30 to 4 pm. Closed on some Wednesdays after school for staff meetings.