Engage. Educate. Empower.
Volume 1 ~ Issue 8~ Week of September 5, 2022
Message from the Principal
On Friday, you received the first Progress Report of the year for your child. This is just a snapshot of the work that your child has done over the course of 6 weeks. Here are some tips on how to discuss the Progress Report with your child:
- Identify the highlights...where did they do well? What did they do in those classes that helped them succeed?
- Identify the areas for growth...what classes did they not do so well? What did they struggle with?
- Discuss some of the things that can be done to help improve their grade in those classes. Identify some resources you can use including after-school tutoring, homework center, and Saturday Academy.
- Set a check-in date in about 3 weeks to check on the progress in those areas.
Between the MVA teachers and counselors, we have plenty of people who are available to help support you child and improve their grades. I urge you to take advantage of all the resources we offer!
We have a big week this week!! Look at all the things coming up this week:
- ASB Spirit Week - Check out the flyer below!
- Picture Day - Tuesday, September 6th
- College Fair & Career Expo - Wednesday, September 7th @ Montgomery High
- Met Gala School Dance - Thursday, September 8th
- Viking Rally - Friday, September 9th
We hope to see you all participating in our events! Please note: As mentioned previously, students who received a D or F in Citizenship have been placed on the Non-privileged list, in addition to students who have been suspended or had repeated disciplinary infractions. Anyone on the Non-privileged list will be unable to attend any events of privilege like the school dance and Viking rallies until the next Progress Report. It is important that everyone understands the behavioral expectations here at MVA and until they are ready to comply by those rules and expectations, they will lose out on privileges. Again, they can come off the list as long as they don't have any D's or F's in Citizenship or more suspensions/disciplinary infractions by the next Progress Report on October 28th. You can view the Non-privilege list HERE.
If you missed Coffee with the Principal last week, click this link HERE for the presentation. We hope to see you at the next one!
Wishing you a great Week 8, Vikings!
Picture Day is coming up on September 6th!!!
SUHSD's FREE College Fair & Career Expo - 9/7 at Montgomery High
It's never too early to start exploring colleges and careers! I encourage you to attend with your children of all ages!
Fall Break 2022 is around the Corner!!
ASB Gear Sales
In addition, we are also having a Vintage MVA Gear Sale where everything is HALF OFF!! Click HERE to see what is on sale!
Lastly, don't forget to take advantage of the Yearbook and Spirit Shirt bundle...get both for only $32!! Offer valid now through Open House on August 11th!
Did you pick up your FREE SPIRIT SHIRT yet?? If not, make sure to go to the ASB during lunch to pick one up!
Don't forget to show your Viking pride every Friday!!
Interested in donating to MVA?!?
The mission of Mar Vista Academy is to engage, educate and empower each student to thrive in the global community.
- 2022-2023 Bell Schedule
- 2022-2023 Important Dates
- 2022-2023 Daily Calendar
- Follow us on Social Media!!
Please reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns!