Continuous Improvement Conference
Tips and Tricks
TWEET, TWEET, TWEET
Don't forget to TWEET YOUR LEARNING! Use #LISDCIC!
After selecting the sessions you wish to attend, remember to select 1 or 2 more that you might be interested in as back ups. Due to fire code regulations sessions can only hold as many as the classroom can hold. Many times the classes fill up quickly and people are forced to go elsewhere. So it is always good to have a back up, or two.
Parking isn't very fun so remember to allow time for sitting in traffic and walking from the many parking lots... or better yet... CARPOOL!
Based on feedback some changes have been made-
- THERE WILL NOT BE AN ENTRANCE INTO GUPTON PARKING LOTS FROM VISTA RIDGE BLVD.
- EXITING FROM THE FRONT OF GUPTON PARKING LOT WILL BE RIGHT TURN ONLY.
Remember the expectation is for you to bring your new laptop with you. Since these devices have been rolled out there will be less technology available. Use your laptop and Google Drive to take notes and share them with your team, or the iPad to take pictures and write notes to share with your teammates during each session. Don't forget to TWEET your learning using #LISDCIC! Maybe you will win TWEET OF THE DAY!
Summer Reading for ALL!!
We have been challenged to donate a book to the Summer Reading For All Program (SR4A). Bring a new or gently used book appropriate for grades K-12 and donate it in Building B between the cafeteria and the competition gym.
*Get a coupon for a FREE menu item from PDQ when you donate!
FUN, FUN, FUN!
This year there will not be a cafeteria lunch or a shuttle service off site, but...
THERE WILL BE FOOD TRUCKS! Find them in front of the Auditorium! Check the Conference Website below for more information!
Also, please stop by the photo booth, in front of the library, with your team or friends! Post your pictures to Twitter to show how much fun learning together at our own conference can be! #LISDCIC
iPad or Android App
This year there is NO SPECIAL APP to download! Access the schedule at:
You will be prompted to save to your home screen which will be just like having an app.
Need more help
Visit the Google Site for the CIC for more information:https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/lisdciconf/
When looking for sessions keep these things in mind...
- what is your campus problem statement?
- what do you want to know more about?
- are there parts of my instructional day I want to improve on?
- what do my students need?
- Engaging Student Response Tools That Drive Instruction
- Improving the Elementary Assessment Process
- What's Best for Kids? Making PLCs Work For You *repeated
- Never Finished Learning: Data Binders Made Easy *repeated
- Notice and Note for Non-Fiction
- Enhancing Student Comprehension
- Got Questions? Lead the Way Through Quality Questioning
- Moving Beyond the "I Wonders.
- Bridges Differentiation and Challenge
- Differentiation in the Kinder Math Class
- Guided Reading Gurus
- Bring on the Books!
- Cooperative Learning and Student Discourse *repeat
- The Role of Discourse: Affecting Students Learning Behaviors *repeated- MOLINA
- MakerSpace- Hands on Learning
- Primary Patterns Of Power: Explorations of Invitational Grammar and Editing gr1-3 - JEFF ANDERSON
- The Power of Expectations: How Our Beliefs Affect Student Achievement
- Improve your PLCs Using Continuous Improvement Tools
- MIndset Matters
- Get Your Game On: Making Your Class Engaging Through Game-Based Learning
- Go Noodle 101 - Brain Energizers
- Little Fingers, Growing Minds, Big Learning: Part 1
- Innovative Learning with Studies Weekly *repeat
- Bridges in Mathematics: How to Use the Intervention Volumes
- Add-Ons for Google Forms and Sheets
- Conferring with Readers: Finding Focus
- Watch How We Grow in Writing
- Genius Hour with Keynote Angela Maiers
- everyone attends Elementary Keynote: Mattering IS the Agenda: Angela Maiers
- Google Classroom in ELA
- Student Goal Setting- They Can Do It!
- YouTube Can Do That?!
- How To Survive With Daily 5
- Every Book Can Be A Social Studies Book K-5
- Teaching The Graphic Novel
- Mathematical Mindset: You are a Math Person!
- Win That Grant Money!
- Using Literature to Integrate Leadership In the K-5 Classroom
- Notice and Note: Signposts for Fiction
- Small Group Math Instruction with Bridges
- Strategies for Struggling Learners
- 10 Things Every Writer Needs to Know **Jeff Anderson
- Are You A Genius or A Genius Maker?
- Voice and Choice: Fostering Reading Ownership
- How Can Continuous Improvement Tools Help Gather Feedback to Improve Learning?
- 3rd Grade Pilot Report Card Support
- Go Noodle Plus- Student Engagement Best Practice
- I Call Bingo! - Chromebooks 101
- Student Learning Objectives
- STAAR Writing: Focusing on Organization and Progression to Move Writers
- Technology Tools for a Classroom Teacher
- Top 10 Chrome Extensions
- Using Augmented Reality in the Classroom
Lunch on your own and report to Henry Middle School Library from 1:00-2:45