Rosewood Faculty Update
Week of August 31st
This Week at Rosewood
This week is "A" Week:
K/1/2 - Media Center; 3/4/5 -Tech Lab
Monday, Aug. 31st:
- Hooray ! We believe the tech is cooperating ! We are hoping to have Bonjour Rosewood live (listen for announcement) - Here is the link to view: http://www.mldistrict.com/districts/rockhill/rosewood/
- Reading on the Green bags go home with students. Please send reminders to parents, and promote this on your professional social media accounts. Please use the hashtags: #RWESlions #EXTRAORDINARY and #ReadingOnTheGreen
Tuesday, Sept. 1st:
- Faculty Meeting - Workshop Model Best Practices
Wednesday, Sept. 2nd:
Thursday, Sept. 3rd:
- Mr. Ward meets with grades K/1/2 during planning (assessment/data focus)
- Mrs. DiStasio meets with grades 3/4/5 during planning (assessment/data focus)
Friday, Sept. 4th :
Hope you have a fun Labor Day weekend !
Week 3 - First Six Weeks of School - Responsive Classroom
- Be sure you are implementing the principles from the book ... let us know if you need any assistance.
- Links are on CANVAS - hard copies are also available for checkout
Tuesday Staff Development Preview
Goal Setting and SLO information
Professional Development Plans update / School Improvement Plan
International Literacy Day - September 8th - Reading on the Green
Be sure to help promote the event.
Have your students set reading goals this year? If not, now may be a good time. Mrs. Schaeffer's students shared some cute ideas for this ....check it out on Twitter :
Ms. Morris' students are following the Inquiry Cycle
Mrs. Bennett's students all signed their Essential Agreements
Mrs. Webb's students created the classroom rules
Save The Dates
Please look at your calendars. A sign up survey will be sent later this week for planning purposes. For those who did not attend in June, you will be offered a spot if one becomes available. We have a strict limit on the number of staff members who may attend due to the training contract and cost of substitutes, etc.