May 5, 2023
Specials Rotation Days - Week of May 8th
5/8/2023 - Day E
5/9/2023 - Day A
5/10/2023 - Day B
5/11/2023 - Day C
5/12/2023 - Day D
Teacher Appreciation Week - 5/8-12/2023
Please join us in celebrating our faculty during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 8th through May 12th! You are welcome to surprise your teacher with treats throughout the week.
Here are some ideas for surprising your teacher:
- Bring flowers
- Bring a sweet or salty treat
- Bring their favorite soda or flavored water
- Bring a much-needed school supply
- Bring a thank you letter you wrote
- Bring a gift card
Interest In CCSD Pre-K Program Participation
CCSD has updated the process for expressing interest in students attending Pre-K programs. We will no longer be using the interest form that was previously shared with the registration packet. Now, families must complete an interest form available HERE. Please sign up as soon as possible if you are interested in this opportunity for your pre-school aged child.
May 2023 LWJES SOT Meeting
Parents and guardians are welcome and invited to attend the meetings of the SOT.
View agendas and minutes on the school's website in the SOT tab.
To join the meeting via Google Meet, click on the event on the school's main website at the time of the meeting with the meeting information. Click here for the calendar.
Field Day Information - May 12, 2023
Students in Grades K-5 will participate in Field Day activities on Friday, May 12, 2023. We are looking forward to an enjoyable event for students!
Please be sure your student arrives on time! Field Day activities begin at 9:00 a.m. on the main playground. Students will follow their regular entry routine and breakfast will be available as usual. Students will rotate stations and will be outdoors until approximately 10:30 a.m.
Volunteers - Activities & Classroom
- If you are interested in setting up and running a station/activity for Field Day, please fill out a quick Google Form. Link to Volunteer for Running Station/Activity: https://forms.gle/GXNbqTAv7dPQE7nj7
- If you are interested in assisting your child's class with their day rotating through stations, please contact your child's teacher via Class Dojo.
We will maintain a closed campus for Field Day. This means all gates will remain closed and locked. Only parents/guardians who have signed up to volunteer will be allowed on campus for Field Day.
- Please be sure your child is ready for Field Day.
- We highly suggest that you apply sunscreen at home. Please do not send sunscreen to school for application at school.
- We also highly suggest that students wear a hat during Field Day.
- Be sure your child wears tennis shoes for all the activities at Field Day (please, no sandals or crocs).
- As there will be water activities, students may wish to bring a change of clothes and/or dry shoes for the remainder of the day. You may wish to send your student with a towel to use after field day. Bathing suits are not allowed for Field Day.
- Send your child with a water bottle with their name written on it.
Bottled Water Donations
We are asking for donations of 8-ounce bottles of water for field day. If you are able to make a donation, please drop off bottles of water to the front office.
Students will eat lunch following their usual routines. You are welcome to send your child with a lunch or students may take a lunch from school (see regular lunch menu for what will be served). There will not be a picnic on the field on Field Day due to the likelihood of high temperatures.
Students recently passed 20,000 AR quizzes! This means that they will get to view a movie on Friday afternoon. Teachers will also plan other activities for the remaining parts of the day.
Field Day is about fun and good sportsmanship. Please remind your child to encourage others and to give their best effort. It is not about who wins or loses, it is about working together to make each other the best they can be!
Due Monday - Device Return Information
All devices (iPads, Chromebooks, and hot spots) issued by the school must be collected prior to the end of the school year. As of May 8th, student Chromebooks for students in Grades 1-5 will remain in the school and will not be going home each evening. Please be sure students in Grades 1-5 bring their devices to school on May 8th. For students in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten, please send any remaining devices back to school as soon as possible.
Teachers will initially inspect devices before they are collected. The school will then complete a more thorough inspection as they are checked in. If there are any damages or missing items, you will receive a fine notice from the school. All fines must be paid in cash.
Due Monday - Library Materials Return Information
As we approach the end of the year we would like to update parents on important dates. Thank you for all your support for student reading this year!
- AR Semester 2 quizzing for goals has ended.
- All Library books are due back to school for collection on Monday, May 8, 2023.
- All fines for missing or damaged Library items are due by Friday, May 19, 2023.
Reposting - Upcoming Events In May
- Field Day for Students - May 12th
- Awards Program for Grades 1 & 2 (Invitations Will Be Sent, 8:00 AM) - May 18th
- Kindergarten Promotion & Awards Program (1:45 PM) - May 18th
- Awards Program for Grades 3 & 4 ( Invitations Will Be Sent, 8:00 AM) - May 19th
- Grade 5 Promotion & Awards Program (1:45 PM) - May 19th
- Final Day of School - (Early Dismissal at 12:30 PM) - May 22nd
Reposting - Final Day of School
The final day of school is Monday, May 22, 2023. The school day will begin at the usual time, and there will be an early dismissal this day at 12:30 p.m. Buses will run in the morning and at dismissal at 12:30 p.m. We will share more information about the final day of school in the future.
Reposting - Dress Code Reminders
With the warm weather returning, and kids likely growing a lot since it was last warm out, please ensure your child follows the CCSD dress code.
• All students must wear shorts, skorts, skirts, and jumpers/dresses that are fingertip length. All jeans, pants, and trousers must be secured at waist level. No rips or tears that expose undergarments and/or located at mid-thigh or higher.
• All clothing must conceal undergarments. No skin to show between bottom of shirt/blouse and top of pants/skirts at any time. Sleeveless shirts must have straps at least 3” wide. No clothing that provides minimum coverage.
Reminder - Registration for 2023-2024 School Year Now Open
REMINDER: Screen Your Child's Health Before School Each Day
Any student determined to be exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 will be sent home immediately from the school's satellite health office. Should isolation and/or quarantine protocols need to be enacted, follow all guidelines for isolation and mandatory mask wearing periods.