Wood Elementary - October 14, 2016
Next Week... and Beyond!
Happy School Bus Safety Week!Monday-
- Final Grades are due in eSchool at 8am
Tuesday- Grade Level Meetings in Carey's office
Wednesday- PLC! Data Teams will meet in the library
- Unity Day- Wear orange
- Fire Drill at 2:00
Thursday- Box Top Collection
- Conferences (PTO will provide finger foods)
10/22- PIE groups here to do volunteer work
10/24-10/28- Red Ribbon Week (Mr. Hussey has the theme days)
10/24- Pizza Hut Fundraiser
- Biggest Loser weigh in
- Teacher Tech Time
10/25- STAR training for all teacher 3:45-4:30
10/26- Teacher Tech Time
10/28- Popcorn Friday
- Success assembly at 9am
- Positive Office Referral Lunch w the Principal
- Wood Family Pumpkin Patch even
10/31- Penny Wars begins
11/1- Official transcripts due to Personnel Services if you have graduate hours for salary advancement.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences will run as follows:
Elementary Conferences will be held on Thursday October 20th from 4:00-7:30 and Friday October 21st from 8:00-12:15. All teachers are free to leave at 12:15.
Secondary Conferences will be held on Thursday October 20th from 3:00-7:00 and Friday October 21st from 7:30-11:15. All teachers are free to leave at 11:15.
Paraprofessionals do not work October 21st and do not need to stay the evening of October 20th.
End of 1st Quarter!
- October 11th -27th: Feedback from SLO team
- October 28th: Final SLO submission
- October 31st – Feb 24th: Interval of Instruction
- March 6th: SLO Results Due
- Box Top collection 10/20/16
- Bake Sale during conferences 10/20/16 ***They will provide finger foods for the teachers this night!
- Fall carnival 11/10/16 (Sign up for grade level baskets on the lounge door)
Data Team Results
Pizza Hut Fundraiser
The success of this event depends on how well we publicize it. So please put it in your newsletter and spread the word as much as you can! The more we sell, the higher percentage we get back! Online orders are accepted. Customers must have the code when ordering online or dine in.
PBS Focus of the Week!
Social Skills Mini Lessons-
Continue to REVIEW/RETEACH/PRACTICE Expectations/Super Skills with your class!
- MAKE SURE THESE ARE NOTED IN YOUR LESSON PLANS! We have to make sure teaching and reviewing expectations are a priority!
Please let me know if you are planning anything. I don't want us to compete with each other. I want us to support each other. ONE TEAM-ONE DREAM!