Child Protection Agencies
Focusing on Texas Child Protective Services (CPS)
Child Protective Services responsibilities include:
- Investigating reports of abuse and neglect of children.
- Providing services to children and families in their own homes.
- Placing children in foster care.
- Providing services to help youth in foster care make the transition to adulthood.
- Placing children in adoptive homes) (https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Application/TARE/Home.aspx/Default)
(Texas Child Protective Services,2016)
The Texas CPS is involved in many community agencies. They want to protect children when it comes to home, health, day care and in schools. They protect them who cannot protect themselves. They are regulate licensing for child care and have many prevention and parenting classes interventions. Their mission is to protect who cannot protect themselves.
Texas Adoption Resource Exchange (TARE)
With CPS, they work greatly with to help children get adopted with good parents who go thru strict guidelines who will help give these children a good home.