Brokers and Sales Agents
What Real Esatate Brokers and Sales Agent do.
Real estate agents help people buy, sell, and rent properties. Eventhough brokers and agents do similar things, brokers are licensed to manage their own real estate businesses. Sales agents must work with a real estate broker.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Complete a number of real estate courses
- Pass exam
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Employer prefers college courses
- $422,000 jobs in 2012
- Most work in brokerage offices
- Workplace cn rang from a one-person business to a large firm with numerous branch offices
- Some work out of home
- Spend a great amount of time at a desk
- Work schedules can conisist of more the 40 hours per week
- Often work evenings and weekends to wrk with clients schedules
- Can frequenly work long or irregular hours
- Many caet their own schedules
"Summary." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 8 Jan. 2014. Web. 15 Mar. 2015.