Boone Meadow Friday Flyer
December 11th, 2020
Dear Boone Meadow Families -
Only one more week until Winter Break.
A few items to note in this edition of our Friday Flyer:
- Learning Preference Survey - If you want to make a change to your child's learning format for Quarter 3, please see the section below for more details.
- Virtual Parent Cafe - Hosted by ZCS, this Strong in Every Way opportunity provides an opportunity for parents and caregivers can explore the challenges and victories of raising a family. See below for more information and how to register.
- NWEA testing wraps up next week for our K-4 students. This mid-year adaptive assessment provides us with formative data that informs many instructional decisions for our learners. Teachers will communicate testing information for families. Should you have questions regarding the assessment schedule for your child, please contact your child's teacher.
- Health Dept Guidance - Information regarding CoVID testing, isolation, and quarantine guidance is located on our distric . The ZCS website contains most recent information here. (More information below)
- PTO updates: There are a few updates located below regarding the poinsettia sale, fundraising opportunities and Dine for Dollars
I hope everyone has a peaceful and relaxing weekend,
Quarter 3 Learning Preference Survey - Due 12/16/20
WANT TO SWITCH TO IN-PERSON—OR TO REMOTE ONLY? – If you have designs on switching your child from REMOTE to IN-PERSON or the other way around, this is your window of time (until Wednesday, December 16 at 4:00 pm). On Wednesday evening you were sent a secure message From ZCS Schools with your child’s student number. If you wish to make a change, please complete the form found in that message. (If you don’t wish to switch—then please skip this message.) Please note: This decision holds for Quarter 3, which is January 4 to March 12, 2021.
If you need help completing the form or cannot find your 9-digit student number in the email sent, please contact our school office
The Real Housedogs of Boone Meadow - Episode: 4
We are in week 4 of featuring our Boone Meadow canine family. If your pup isn't in this episode, keep a watchful eye for future features.
CoVID Guidance and Updates
Please click HERE (or the "mask up" image) for information regarding:
- Quarantine guidance
- Screening information
- Close contact information
- Secondary Hybrid schedules
- Parent Resources
- and other important information.
Holiday Assistance Information
As we approach the holiday season, we are aware that members of our school community may be seeking assistance to provide for their families. We have been actively working with the Boone County United Way, The Caring Center, and other agencies to assist in connecting families with ongoing and/or holiday support for food, clothing, and financial assistance.
Please contact our school counselor, Kristi Sloan, if we can offer any assistance in connecting your family with a support agency. Some of our partners have rapidly approaching deadlines for applications, so please don’t delay in contacting us or one of the agencies directly.
Please note the following agencies provide a variety of assistance for families. Please contact the agencies directly for a full list of services:
Boone County United Way – United Christmas Services
If you would like to apply for assistance, contact one of our school counselors Tammy Mazelin at firstname.lastname@example.org 873-2376 ext. 17992 or Natalie Rieke at email@example.com 873-2376 ext. 17991 at your earliest convenience for a referral. Please note: Social Security Number or Tax ID is required.
Love, Inc. Hours 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Mon/Wed/Fri (765) 482-6144 www.loveincbc.org
Love, Inc. provides short term assistance and education services supported by numerous Boone County Churches
Zionsville Food Pantry – Serving all of Boone County
Located at Zionsville Presbyterian Church, (317) 873-6503, Hours 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. Fridays and on Thursday evenings 5 p.m.-6 p.m. An official piece of mail with current address is not required but suggested. Turkeys will be distributed the Thursday and Friday prior to Thanksgiving. Other assistance is available through the church based on need and availability. For everyone’s safety, this is currently a drive through service.
The Caring Center 1230 Ransdell Ct., Lebanon, IN 46052 (765) 482-2020. Visit www.thecaringcenter.net for additional information. Assistance with holiday food baskets, Christmas gifts, Thanksgiving meals. ID required for assistance.
Boone County Toy Drive:
(765) 482-4641. Provides assistance with toys and gifts for children and teens.
(866) 431-4451, childrensbureau.org
Offers families support in connecting with various community resources
Parents of BME Remote Learners:
Mrs. Trinosky (Art Teacher) is beginning to work on the yearbook and is in need of photos of our remote learners engaged in learning. Please snap some candid photos of your remote learner as they are working. She would love lots of photos! Families can email her the photos so that I can add some to our yearbook this year.
Student Directory -
Many families of remote learners have asked about having a directory to be able to contact other remote families. We have a ZCS parent volunteered to create this for you should you desire to participate. Chas Biediger (from PVE) has created a link for each remote classroom where you can add your contact information. Once this is received she will share the directory with any parents who have signed up. Please note this is completely voluntary and this will only be shared by Chas with other families who wish to have their information published. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your teacher or Christine Squier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Callie Surface https://forms.gle/CszaEtVzyTu2aEpB6
- Jill McCune https://forms.gle/YhgsgyxoU7vH48HT7
- MacKenzine Orbaugh https://forms.gle/7rpMptXNTc8jo9JJ7
- Jamie Smith https://forms.gle/c3oGaoKcuuecQzrx7
- Rebekah Graham https://forms.gle/uMLQXNfAUjdAKfuD6
- Kelly Mattingly https://forms.gle/eUHYNxJFUp8xEJ4S7
- Melinda Strawmyer https://forms.gle/Sm4kERb9VizjRMZg9
- Michelle Weesies https://forms.gle/9W81D5GenUrhd6pa8
- Lynne Munley https://forms.gle/A2gy4VUYuoF1GZPb9
- Erin Nahrstadt https://forms.gle/aHX5UwMUR5mhE4Eb6
- Kellie Valentine https://forms.gle/sYdq1qBAYpLbNRgm8
- Stephanie Compton https://forms.gle/L6BhPE3c38GiCgi37
- Lindsay McGuire https://forms.gle/t8Guovfzf8AUQMWr6
Adopt Team Meadow:
Hello BME Families! It is hard to believe that the holiday season of 2020 is already upon us. What a great time to share some holiday cheer with our teachers and staff at BME! This year, the BME PTO has created "Operation: Adopt Team Meadow!" for Holiday gifting from our BME families. For those of you who sign up, we ask that you please reach out to fellow class families and neighbors and collect funds so that each BME Staff member and teacher is included! You are essentially a point person and coordinator for an awesome holiday surprise for the staff member you have selected. We hope that this will allow for a lot of contributions to bless the teachers and staff in a BIG way! A few slots remain...
Dine for Dollars - Evening of December 16th @ Noble Roman's. More information to come.
Five Below - Shopping fundraiser Dec 6th - 12th. BME PTO gets 10% of purchases. Need to take flyer that is coming home soon.
Arrival and Dismissal Notes:
Below, you will find some updates regarding arrival and dismissal:
- Thank you for keeping our fire lane clear until signaled by staff to pull up. The fire lane must remain clear as much as possible for potential emergency needs and school deliveries.
- Displaying car/family numbers in an easy to see manner is greatly beneficial. Ball point pen writing on a post it placed on your dash is hard for my old eyes to see, so bold numbers hanging from the rear view mirror or attached to the passenger sun visor assists in moving vehicles efficiently through the line.
- Please reduce idling when possible. The build up of vehicle emissions is not only harmful for the environment, but also creates unhealthy air quality for staff and students.
Walker/Bikers: This year, we have 30-40 more daily walkers/bikers than years past. Therefore, we will continue to assist with crossing Main Street by having staff present whenever possible. Please note the following items:
Significant weather (walkers/bikers) - When weather is inclement with heavy rain, heavy snow, sleet, etc...walking to school is highly discouraged. The office team will make the decision if staff will be present at the crosswalk.
- If families decide to walk to school and no crosswalk staff is present, an adult or family member must safely escort students to the front doors. The doors will open at 7:50 for arrival, and families should wait at the front doors with their students until the doors open.
Dismissal on inclement weather days: Walkers and bikers will be dismissed after car riders (approximately 2:35). This allows families to use the car line for pick up. Simply display your family number while you are in line and pick up your child(ren) at the front door with staff assistance.
In the event of questionable or severe weather, families must utilize the car rider procedures instead of walking/biking. (stormy weather, lightning, sleet, you need to get Toto before going to the Land of Oz...)
Please do not bypass the car rider line and request to pick up students from the parking lot, other school sidewalks, etc... Again, we must adhere to all procedures for the safety of students and staff.
Upcoming Events & Important Info
December 6-12 - Five Below Fundraising Shopping (look for the blue flyer to come home soon)
December 16 - Noble Romans Dine for Dollars (5-9)
December 18 - End of Qtr 2
December 21 - January 1 - Winter Break
January 18 - MLK Jr. Day (no school)
January 19 - No School
February 12 - Chinese New Year
February 14 - Valentine's Day
February 15 - Presidents Day - No School
February 17 - Ash Wednesday
March 12 - End of Quarter 3
March 14 - Daylight Savings Time
March 17 - St. Patrick's Day
March 28 - Palm Sunday/Passover
April 2 - April 9 - Spring Break
April 2 - Good Friday
April 4 - Easter
April 13 - Ramadan Starts
April 15 - ZWest Music visit to BME
May 5 - Cinco de Mayo
May 13 - Eid
May 26 - Last day of school
May 27 - Teacher work day
May 31 - Memorial Day
ZCS and the Zionsville Diversity Coalition partnered to create a list of mentor texts that support our elementary adopted literacy curriculum. Books donated will be placed in our elementary classrooms for teachers to use and to offer our students mirrors (seeing themselves), windows (seeing others), and doors (opportunities to learn about differences) because in ZCS, EVERYONE BELONGS!
You can utilize School Pay to pay for textbook rentals and to fund lunch accounts. Information about School Pay as well as additional lunch details, such as the monthly menu, can be found on the Food Services website.