Weekly Happenings at Southeastern Elementary
Welcome to the Dec. 4, 2020, edition of Southeastern Scene.
Dear Southeastern Families:
Although we are sad to know that it will be longer before we have all our Explorers back in the building, we wanted to share some helpful tips to continue supporting your family during Virtual Learning:
- Set timers on your iPad to keep track of Zoom calls.
- Make a checklist of assignments that need to be submitted by the end of the day.
- Have your child share one to two new pieces of information with you from what they learned during the day.
- Find time throughout the day to step outside and get fresh air.
- Remember to get up and move throughout the day to keep your brain engaged.
- Share with your teacher if your child needs additional support on a topic.
We are so proud of the hard work our staff and students are putting into Virtual Learning. Thank you for your continued support!
Mrs. Chastain and Mrs. Monkul
The holiday season is upon us and looking a little different this year. Virtual get-togethers, lots of time indoors and a bit of extra indulgence in holiday treats may lie ahead. If your family is looking to mindfully practice gratitude this holiday season, you want to reduce screen time in the household, or you're simply wondering how to keep the kids entertained, here are some great resources for you to use. Holiday Gratitude library
Please access this link for some great suggestions from Screen Agers of non-technology gift ideas to help your students unplug this holiday season.
Virtual Lunch with Jen Smith
Our school counselor, Jen Smith, will be holding a virtual lunch time once a week for our virtual students. Please see the day and time that has been assigned to your student's grade level below. This is not enrichment or a lesson, just an opportunity for our virtual students to "socialize" with their grade level peers. They will be able to use the same Zoom link (below) each week.
Please access zoom link here.
4th Grade - Mondays - 11:00
3rd Grade - Tuesdays - 1:30
2nd Grade - Thursdays - 1:00
1st Grade - Wednesdays - 12:15
KDG - Fridays - 11:30
This week's Second Step lessons
Kindergarten - Lesson 10 - Accidents - No Home Link this week
First Grade - Lesson 10 - Accidents - No Home Link this week
Second Grade - Lesson 10 - Predicting Feelings - No Home Link this week
Third Grade - Lesson 10 - Making Friends - No Home Link this week
Fourth Grade - Mind Up Lesson 1 - How Our Brains Work (see attached document below)
Important Upcoming Dates
- Thursday, December 10th, 6:30 p.m., PTO virtual meeting.
- Friday, December 18th, first semester ends. Last day before winter break.
- Tuesday, January 5th, second semester begins virtually.
- Friday, January 29th, Interstate school picture retakes (more information will be made available at a later date).
YMCA eLearning Care
The YMCA is offering eLearning care during virtual learning. For more information, please click on the flyer below.
Click this link to register online. Select "Full Day eLearning Care" and then choose the preferred location.
Cafeteria offering meals during virtual learning
We are pleased to offer all HSE students the opportunity to order breakfast and lunch meals during virtual instruction.
Due to the high number of orders, there will no longer be multiple menu choices per day for the pick up orders. By completing this form you are ordering 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches per student. This week's menu can be found at hseschools.org/services/food.
PLEASE COMPLETE ONE FORM PER FAMILY.
If you need assistance with transportation or have students in different groups and need to combine their pick up location, please call Lynn Wolfe at 317-594-4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that you indicate a time window when we can expect you for pick up within that time frame.
Please note: hot options will need to be heated at home, instructions can be found online at hseschools.org.
Orders are due Sunday, December 6th by 4:00pm.
URL: Please click this link to order.
Parents will continue to receive weekly emails to sign up. Questions? Please contact Andria Ray at email@example.com.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve your children!
Andria Ray, MA,RD
Director of Nutrition & Food Services
Library Book Park-N-Pick Up
Library book pick-up services for SES library books will continue during this virtual learning time. Follow the steps below to help your students take advantage of continuing to have access to our school library books.
Watch this video link and follow the steps to place holds for books. (This process applies to all students)
You may place holds on up to 3 books at a time.
- Only place holds for books that are “in.”
- To guarantee that your books will be ready the next day, the holds must be placed any time before noon the day prior to planned pick up.
- Books will be available for pick up inside the vestibule doors from 8:40 - 4:00 p.m.
- Please return books to the "drop-off items" table when you come to pick up your new books.
- If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Robinson. firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Exposure. What to do now?
According to the Fishers Health Department, these measures should be followed:
1. Begin Quarantine. Stay home and try to limit exposure to those in the home. The only person who needs to quarantine is the person who was directly exposed. Quarantine is 14 days from the date of exposure.
2. Get Tested. Testing is recommended for anyone with exposure, ideally 5 days after the date of exposure. Kids 5 years and older can be tested at the Fishers testing site. Please visit www.fishers.in.us/healthdepartment .
3. If you take your child to the doctor or to get a COVID test, please notify the school immediately.
4. Call Your Doctor. Since your primary care physician knows your health history, we suggest reaching out to them to notify them of exposure.
5. You Develop Symptoms. Get tested! Everyone in the household should quarantine unless an alternative diagnosis is given by a healthcare provider.
6. You Test Positive. Begin isolation. Stay home and away from others, including members of your household. The rest of your household needs to quarantine. Isolation is a minimum of 10 days from the start of symptoms, or the date you are tested if you don’t have symptoms.
7. You Have Questions. If you have any questions, please call 317-567-5046.