Latin American Leader Independence
Middle America Leader - Jean Jaques Dessalines
Dessalines was born in Guniea, Africa.
His date of birth was September 2, 1758
Died on October 17, 1806
When he was younger he was a slave but then became the Emperor of Haiti and then helped gain Haitis' independence.
Dessalines was the one to give Haiti the name.
On January 1st 1803 was when Haiti got their Independence. Haiti wanted its Independence because it had gone through the worst of the slavery.
3 things that Dessalines did was:
1. He was the first person to become successful with the slave rebellion.
2. He wanted all the French to die
3. Sided with the French but then switched over because the French believed in slavery
The National Anthem of Haiti was named after Dessalines. "The Dessalines song"
South America Leader - Simon Bolivar
Born on July 24, 1783
Died on December 17, 1830
He had Aristocratic Parents.
Bolivar managed to help many different countries get their independence such as Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia.
In his honor towns have been named after him.
1. Started a successful military campaign
2. started to try to take back Venezuela back from the Spanish
3. More campaigns to help gain mostly Venezuela and Ecuador complete independence.