Zebra Family Update!
Turning the Focus to Learning During Difficult Times
In addition, our Peer Tutoring program is in full swing - our tutors and teacher coordinators welcome students to come in person or join in online. Our tutors can provide support in any subject, and can help with homework, test prep or even organization.
More details about our Peer Tutoring program are available here, but here are the basics:
- Get support in the library (live support) or online (via Meet Code: LHSTutoring)
- Monday from 2-5pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 3-6pm
- Thursday from 3-8pm
Grades in High School are really important - whether you are looking to attend college, or to earn your diploma before you join the workforce or armed forces, earning passing grades are essential! Tutoring is here to support you!
Looking for Parent Input for our WASC Accreditation Visit
We've been preparing for this visit for the better part of a year now. One of the last steps is to get parent input on some key areas of the accreditation process. Please join us at one of the following discussions - we'll be sharing our goals and collecting input from families:
- Tuesday, 2/8 at 6 pm via Meet in English - focus on School Organization and Curriculum
- Wednesday, 2/9 at 6 pm via Meet en Espanol - all areas will be presented; a second session will be scheduled if needed!
- Thursday, 2/10 at 7:30 pm via Meet in English - focus on Learning & Teaching, Assessment & Accountability, and School Culture
All sessions will be held via Google Meet at: meet.google.com/qzq-vvoo-eyh. Our calendar has all this information embedded in it for your reference.
His name may be familiar to you - his family is well established in Rocklin, he was a teacher and coach at LHS, and he spent most of his career teaching, coaching and as an administrator at Del Oro HS. We are so thrilled to lean on Mr. Gayaldo (and learn from him!) this month.
Mark your Calendars!
Please make note of these uniquely scheduled days:
- Friday, 2/18-Monday, 2/21 - February Break (no staff or students; office is closed)
- Friday, 3/18 - a non school day - just because we'll need it!
- Friday, 4/8-Monday, 4/18 - Spring Break (no staff or students; office is closed); if needed, the district might us 4/8 or 4/18 to make up instructional minutes, but we haven't heard yet!
- Monday, 5/30 - Memorial Day (no staff or students; office is closed)
- Tuesday, 6/7-Friday, 6/10 - finals week
- Friday, 6/10 - last day of school and Class of 2022 Graduation!
You can check out the 22/23 school calendar here for advance planning!
Visit our calendar on our website (lhs.wpusd.org) for details on other activities, athletics and event details!
Student Focused Tech Update!
We are launching a digital student store! Be watching for everything from AP tests fees to ASB card purchases to field trip charges and dance tickets to be purchased on line. Check it out here and on our website at lhs.wpusd.org > student body store icon
We have been SO grateful to the LHS CTE AME program for their efforts to livestream so many of our big events and activities this spring and fall. This service was much appreciated by our community, so we are going to be launching a broader version of live streaming with a new partnership with NFHS and Pixellot Cameras that should make EVERY game/event in the stadium and Pence Gym accessible to all Zebra fans online. Stay tuned...our equipment was recently installed we are aiming start streaming our spring athletics events consistently!
Our transition to GoFan for athletic contest ticketing has been very smooth!. Thank you to all the families and students who have embraced this new platform. Using this platform has allowed us to better monitor and track attendance, get money to athletic teams more rapidly and it saves (literally!) hours of time weekly with prepping, counting, verifying, and depositing large sums of cash in the office/at the bank.
Class of 2022 - Senior Class Updates!
LOOKING FOR WAYS TO PAY FOR EDUCATION AFTER LHS?
If your student is looking to continue their education after high school, then be sure to be looking at our scholarships/cash for college information.
Lincoln High School has an incredible scholarship program for our graduates. In addition to national, state and regional scholarships, LHS is proud to offer over 50 local scholarships that are gifts from our community for LHS graduates! Last year alone, we awarded over $195,000 in scholarships to the LHS Class of 2021!
- To get more info about the types of scholarships we give and to get all the details about how to apply, your Senior needs to start in Schoology. From there, visit "Groups" (in the blue bar at the top) > "College & Career Center" tile >" Resources" (on the left in the grey side bar) > "Class of 2022" folder. Here there are tons of resources for your Senior to explore - whether their next stop is the workforce, the military or more school! Within the "Class of 2022" folder, students should scroll down and click on the "Scholarships" folder. There are a several links for scholarships, and all of our local LHS scholarships are listed in the yellow "Local Lincoln Scholarships" folder. Here is a video that walks you through the steps, too.
If you have any questions please see Mrs. Emerson, our Counseling Secretary. Her desk is in the main office.
OTHER SENIOR REMINDERS
- It's time to order Caps and Gowns! Families can review information about caps, gowns, rings, and more here. Orders can be placed 24/7 here.
- It is our plan to host a Spring Prom for our juniors and seniors. It will be held on Saturday, 5/7 in Sacramento. Stay tuned for the details!
- A dedicated team of Zebra Parents is going full steam ahead on organizing a 2022 Sober Grad Night for our seniors on the evening of graduation - this is 100% a parent run activity, so if you are interested in helping, please contact the Sober Grad Night Committee via Facebook!
- We will be hosting Graduation on the evening of Friday, June 10th. More details will come out in the upcoming months regarding times, ticket availability and graduation details.
We strongly encourage students and families to keep an eye on the Schoology Activity Feed (on Schoology Main Page) and the College & Career Schoology Page for information about college & career visits (in person and virtual); access it via: Schoology > Groups > College & Career
FOCUS ON COLLEGE & CAREER READINESS!
Our College and Career team is organizing a career fair on March 30th. Stay tuned for details!
Class of 2023, 2024, and 2025 - It's Time to Pick Classes for 22/23!!
We'll be hosting at AP course "meet and greet" during Herd Time on Monday, 2/14 - students will receive invitations to attend this week!
Learn more about our class offerings by checking out recent episodes of LHS Live - check them out here and watch the episodes in January and February for insight into our programs and electives!
COURSE SELECTION IS COMING UP!
Current Frosh (class of 2025)
- Course selection presentations: Feb 9th and 10th in English Class (in classroom)
- Select classes: Feb 15th and 16th in English Class (in library)
Current Sophomores (class of 2024)
- Course selection presentations: Feb 23rd and 24th in English Class (in classroom)
- Select classes: Mar 1st and 2nd in English Class (in library)
Current Juniors (class of 2023)
- Course selection presentations: Mar 9th and 10th in English Class (in classroom)
- Select classes: Mar 14th-17th in English Class (in library)
Catching up with Absent Students
- March 21st -25th - counselors will loop back with any students who missed class during on their course selection to get classes selected.
Class of 2026 - Welcome to LHS!
1. if you missed our incoming student course selection night on 2/1, please reach out to our counseling office - call Mrs. Emerson at 916 645 6360 to make an appointment with your student's counselor
2. check out LHS Live (our school's video production program) each week to get a taste of what LHS has in store for you! You can check them out on YouTube here!
3. follow LHS on Facebook and Instagram. We also have lots of other clubs with IG handles...learn more about what LHS has to offer by following us on social media!
- Facebook @LincolnHighSchoolWPUSD
- Insta @lhsfightingzebras
College & Career Corner
Be sure to visit Mrs. Vadgama with any questions you have about getting prepared for your college & career goals! Her office is between Mrs. Kent and Mrs. Alarcon's offices at the end of the 70s wing.
SBLT & ELAC Meetings
Our Site Based Leadership Team (SBLT) meeting will meet twice more this year to review our site plans and check in progress towards our supplemental spending plan:
- Thurs., 3/3 at 5 pm - online and in person (google meet code is on our LHS calendar)
- Thurs., 5/5 at 5 pm - online and in person (google meet code is on our LHS calendar)
Our site English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) is scheduled to meet twice more this year. Be watching for agenda topics of interest to our English Learner Student/Family community. Mark your calendars now:
- Wed., 2/23 at 6 pm - format TBD
- Wed., 4/27 at 6 pm - format TBD
- students are expected to wear a mask indoors - the mask must rest on the bridge of their nose and cover their nose and mouth. Thank you for your support to keep our community safe and healthy
- if your student is not feeling well, please just keep them home and call us for advice on sending them to school - we are here to help you navigate the system.
Have your student stay home and call us for next steps if your student exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 which cannot be explained by an underlying chronic condition documented by a healthcare provider (e.g., allergies or asthma).
Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
More information about our protocols for COVID can be found here - take a look at pages 16-19.
We can be reached from 7:30am-4pm at 916 645 6360 if you aren't sure if you should send your student to school and still have questions after reviewing the district's materials (linked above).
Vandalism at LHS
Connect with Us!
- Facebook @LincolnHighSchoolWPUSD
- Insta @lhsfightingzebras
- School and Athletics Calendars are here!
- This directory contains some staff who are no longer at LHS, but it also includes all of our current staff
Specific Course Information
- All of our teachers posted information about their class on Schoology - parents and students can always go back to revisit syllabi and a video introducing your teacher on their Schoology pages: https://wpusd.schoology.com/ > Courses > Select tile for the class you want to learn more about!
General School/Course Information
- Website: lhs.wpusd.org
- Course Catalog: https://lhs.wpusd.org/academics/course-offerings/course-catalog
- Handbook: https://lhs.wpusd.org/our-school/about-us/student-handbook